Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tim W

FSD International - what's the problem?

Hi,I am a legit owner having paid for and installed the FS2002 versions of the Piper Cheyenne 400 and the Commander 115TC and would like to have these flying in FS2004.At FSD,http://www.fsd-international.com/they have provided 'Migration Tools' for these a/c to allow existing installations to be ported and tweaked for FS9 but I can't seem to access the files for d/l as I am being nagged for my username and password. Seems a bit unfriendly, don't you think? Or perhaps I am missing something.Advice anyone?Mike

What exactly is unfriendly ?Did you contact FSD for support.. ? if you provide them with yr actual name and approx date when the aircraft were bought, they will give you new links or help how to upgrade / support.I had the same problems and I found their support excellent..b rdgs Dick

Guest SteveJ

Hi Mike -I "migrated" the Seneca V over to FS2004 and have enjoyed flying it very much. But I was also a bit confused with which link to use for download.If you go to "FS2004 Comatibility" then "Files and Installation" and then use the link "Can't find your original download file to reinstall? Need a file link?" it will ask for your email address etc (and your customer ID if you have it, but optional.....make sure you put in fs9 and the plane you want to install into fs9....)FSD then confirmed my owndershipa and a day later sent me a link to download the fs9 installation file. The file was then self-extracting into fs9 as I remember......but make sure you run the load manager (from programs menu) to update files before you fly in fs9.To the best of my recollection, this is the way it worked for me. HTH. Steve J.

Have you filled out their request form for new downloads? I did and received an e-mail reply within 1 hour. The migration tools did not work for me either, but I had uninstalled fs2002 right when 04 came out.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Guest jason2112

The download link for the migration tool seems to be a bit shaky. A few days ago I received a "permission denied", but yesterday I could download the migration tool for the Commander 115 without problems.FSD's FS2004 compatibility page is not very easy to read and could use a redesign. But if you have problems try their forum, these guys normally help very quickly.VOlker :]

Guest cw1011

I've had no problems with the links, FSD has been timely and helpful with direct e-mail support, planes ported over fine. I'm inclinded to say good things about FSD, above and beyond their terrific airplanes.

Thanks everyone for your help and advice. Didn't mean to sound unduly critical of FSD, it's just that I had managed to start downloading these files yesterday using DAP and paused before going to bed, expecting to be able to resume today. However, I couldn't get past their validation window and this was despite having to abort the downloads and trying afresh - same result :(It just seems so unnecessary. I have the original registration codes for the two a/c so why this added inconvenience?Mike

Guest Tim W

>It just seems so unnecessary. I have the original registration>codes for the two a/c so why this added inconvenience?Well you'll have to ask FSD that. All I can say is that I had the same problem porting the Seneca over to FS9, I sent a mail via their website and within a short time I had a reply from Steve Small with a link to a full FS9 install file. I certainly cannot fault their service. Each manufacturer has their own way of handling FS2002-FS2004 upgrades. As long as I get the aircraft I want flying in FS9 then I'm happy.regardsTimhttp://www.cambridgeflyingclub.com/images/timavatar2.jpg