Sign in to follow this  
bojote

Bojote's Tweak Compilation

Guest PFL

Excuse me Bojote, you mention everything is maxed in the Manhattan video...IMO not so... There´s no AI, no airport ground vehicles, no cars, no boats.:(

I have to admit that the results in your video with your tweaks are impressive, but not typical.Add scenery such as FS Global 2010, Ultimate Terrain, Payware aircraft such as the Level-D 767, weather generator such as Active Sky Evolution or REX, and a pilot client such as SquawkBox or FS-Inn to connect to VATSIM and you will not get the results.You will have to play with your slider settings in order to acheive a smooth fight without studders, etc.

CXA001-1.jpg

VATSIM: P2 | I1

Add scenery such as FS Global 2010, Ultimate Terrain, Payware aircraft such as the Level-D 767, weather generator such as Active Sky Evolution or REX, and a pilot client such as SquawkBox or FS-Inn to connect to VATSIM and you will not get the results.
I use FS Genesis mesh which is like FS Global 2010, REX Overdrive, Ultimate Terrain USA is installed (check my sig for the full list), I do fly the Level-D online in VATSIM and have created quite a few videos where ASE and SquawkBox are running in the background (well, to be fair they run from a laptop over the network with WIDEFS so they are not a performance factor) I have recently participated in Cross the Pond 2010 EASTBOUND departing Kennedy.. and the performance was much better than the video above :) Spinning around in a helo over Manhattan X, with all the scenery sliders + autogen maxed out while at the same time aggresively panning around is the most 'CPU/GPU intensive', demanding and measurable test I can re-produce in FSX, period, nothing comes even close. Check out this F-16 in KSEA with ORBX's PNW, same, all scenery sliders maxed out (this test doesn't even goes past 40% CPU usage, and it was captured with FRAPS which kills performance, yet check the smoothness)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28vRHvRC5boHere's another video, at dusk doing some crazy stuff.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsZJMTl_CpQ

IMO not so... There´s no AI, no airport ground vehicles, no cars, no boats.
Ok, 'most' of them are. The video is about 'smoothness' so, those were the sacrifices made in order to achieve it. You want the same video with all the above to 100%? it will ALSO perform great! but obviously not the same smoothness, but it is perfectly acceptable as well.

Hi *******,looks like vsnc isn't working for me. I use the ATI video card and on the setup for the vertical refresh which one do I need to select.1. Always off2. Off, unless application specifies,3. On, unless application specifies,4. Always onRegards,Koichiro

Hi *******,looks like vsnc isn't working for me. I use the ATI video card and on the setup for the vertical refresh which one do I need to select.1. Always off2. Off, unless application specifies,3. On, unless application specifies,4. Always onRegards,Koichiro
Upload your fsx.cfg here http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html follow the instructions, paste here the 'log' of messages you receive when you upload your file.

Thanks for your help *******. I got these messages from the FSX configurator. Congratulations! you have an optimal AffinityMask value! Congratulations! you already have HIGHMEMFIX set! You are running with frame rates set to unlimited, great! but MAKE SURE you use the 'external' frame rate limiter set to 'exactly' 30 FPS for optimal results. Congratulations! you already have an optimal TextureMaxLoad value! Congratulations! You already have an optimal SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT value. We are adjusting some of your BufferPools section values! Optimal A/C shadow settings have been applied Your scenery complexity is too high for your hardware! adjusting. Adding MAX_ASYNC_BATCHING_JOBS for improved autogen batching performance. Adjusting SOUND_LOD for improved performance when using AI sounds. Adjusting airport scenery vehicles. If using nVidia Hardware MAKE SURE you disable Transparency Anti-aliasing for improved smoothness. Regards, Koichiro

Try setting to always On, also make sure you are running FULL screen (not windowed mode) and that you are not using clone mode.

bojote, have you done any experimentation with nVidia Inspector v1.94? It is an awesome program.http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=256644http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://blog.orbmu2k.de/tools/nvidia-inspector-tool&ei=1iHrTJy9N4WglAfO2LC3AQ&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=6&ved=0CDoQ7gEwBQ&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dnvidia%2Binspector%26hl%3Den%26client%3Die9-lb%26prmd%3Div

My updated fsx.cfg file (for reference)http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.txt
Hi Hey-sus,I appolgize for asking this question, but I've not been able to find any documentation regarding the following which I find in your .cfg file, both the one linked and a later one I found:[FSDREAMTEAM] AntiPopUp=100 AltitudeCull=1 Are these entries specific to FS Dreamteam products, or do they have a function without such software installed? If they are not specific to FS Dreamteam, what do they do?Thanks so much, and thank you again for all your marvelous work,

[FSDREAMTEAM] AntiPopUp=100 AltitudeCull=1 Are these entries specific to FS Dreamteam products, or do they have a function without such software installed? If they are not specific to FS Dreamteam, what do they do?
Yes, they are specific to FSDT products.AntiPopUp cut-off objects based on distance from the airport so that you get better performance. Having HIGH AntiPopUp values will force all objects to load at once (no culling) and it can impact performance, but will reduce the 'stutters' that you experience when objects popup (hence the name AntiPopUp)AltitudeCull toggles (on and off) optimizations to cut-off objects based on plane altitude, this independently from the AntiPopUp setting above.

*******, Thanks as always for your expertise. I want to confirm one thing that I read yesterday but can't be sure where. One FSX tester found that in windowed mode using the ForceWindowedVSync=1 approach with fps internal limiter set = UNLIMITED , that his fps with a 60hz monitor were 60,30,20,15 etc whereas in FullScreen mode with ForceFullScreenVSync=1 was more linear as he changed scenery settings or some other graphics load (again with UNLIMITED set). I seem to be having the same experience. Then when you want to limit the fps for smooth performance, I was able to use the external limiter with FullScreen but I actually got smoother performance with just the internal limiter in Windowed mode as long as I picked a fps limit just slightly bigger than the 60Hz multiple (60,30,20,15) that I could easily run at and less than the next higher value. Do this make sense to you? On a different issue, I wondered what Antialiasing setting (8X or 8XQ or whatever) and Anisotropic setting (8x or ?) we get when we let FSX enable them instead of doing it with Nvidia Control Panel (setting them to application controlled). I tried letting FSX set them and I did seem to get a little more performance as per your "dissertation on bufferpools". Finally, I asked about using a nv 580 on a multiple monitor, three independent view, wide field-of-view setup (center at Zoom=.33, sides at .7), medium scenery settings and no traffic, as opposed to an Nvidia 480 which is giving me stutters at the greater field of view but not at default zoom=1.0 - if you ever get a chance to try that with your rig (don't actually need three monitors - just add the New Views on a single), I would really appreciate a test report (assuming you now have a 580!). I need to get 30 fps with smooth performance at KLAX for example in windowed mode. Thanks for all you do for us serious FSX glassy performance seekers!!Dave

PC=9700K@5Ghz+RTX2070  VR=HP Reverb|   Software = Windows 10 | Flight SIms = P3D, CAP2, DCS World, IL-2,  Aerofly FS2