Sign in to follow this  
kerosene31

Best heavy flight dynamics in fs2004?

Just curious, but has anyone found some heavy commercial jet fde's which fly well in fs2004? With the changes to the flight dynamics in fs9, most planes imported from 2002 do not handle as expected. My biggest problem is the "nose-high" on approach and finals. I try to approach the outer marker at around 180 kts, but most heavier jets will pitch way up (like 10+ degrees) and even stall. They also seem to need a much higher final approach speed to land. The odd thing is even the default 2004 heavies do this as well. I am sure it is just a matter of time before we see some better airfiles surface, but in the meantime, what is everyone flying now? Is there any freeware or payware commercial jets which fly great in fs2004 and don't exhibit these problems? Or am I the only one having these problems?

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Guest OneTinSoldier

Try the VAMX Captain... We're Ready For Pushback 747 Classic at www.panelshop.com I gotta admit. I have it installed but haven't tried to fly it yet in FS2004. But it was great in FS2002 and is a very professional product. I would imagine they have done their homework and have it right for FS2004. I'll fly it some and come back tomorrow and let you know how it goes on a landing.Jim

Guest simnut

Get the new .air and .cfg file that comes as FD7442.zip here at Avsim and/or at flightsim.com. It is a rework of the default 747, and is it every sweet!!!! With this update to the flight dynamics of this a/c , you MUST stay "ahead" of it or it will bite ya. It does make it feel as if handling a large, heavy a/c.Hope thats what you're looking for!Harry

Thanks - I will give those a try. I had tried the previous version from the same author, but I missed the update. I will give that a try. Thanks!

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hi,Yeah, that air file sounds like a good deal. While you guys were posting I was making some screenies of the VMAX 747-200. So, if you're interested, here they are. Let me know what you think if you feel like it. And I hope you find that 747FD file to your satisfaction Craig. What the heck, I downloaded it too. Thanks Harry. :)1) Approach at 165 kts2) Pre-Touchdown at 150 kts3) Touchdown at 140 ktsTake Care,Jim

The PMDG 737NG flies just great! Fabulous plane and handles like a dream..

Bert