Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

7107delicious

Local profile lost during PC start-up

I've been recently suffering a few problems with my PC whenever FSX freezes, either mid-flight or upon engine start up. The last time this occurred, happened when the AFG Beech King Air 300 that I recently ported over from FS9, freezed FSX while the aircraft was still spooling up. The local profile was lost and this message popped out: "Windows cannot find the local profile and is logging you on with a temporary profile. Changes you make to this profile will be lost when you log off".I then realized that normal restarts didn't work, and so I tried turning the system off, and turning it on again. This returned the local profile and the WOAI setups, the AEX setups and those that were stuck on the desktop returned. All previous settings before the freezing returned. Recently however, I've shut down the system the other night after a short FSX hop between Graz and Vienna. I've logged in with the usual profile I've used for FSX, and as pre-defined by the computer, it is an administrator. Once I logged on however, the error returned again tonight, and despite the usual attempts I've made to return the account into the system, the local profile remains missing. I also noticed that I once left my computer turned off for a few days when the same problem occurred 3 months ago, without playing FSX at all during the period, and a few days later the account returned like normal. I really want this unreconciled issue to get off my computer to leave my system immediately, as nothing beats a good old relaxing time like playing FSX. Dave.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

If you're running XP, try these:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/812339/en-ushttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/811151/Also, those are links from the forum post that was the 2nd result on Google for "windows can not find the local profile", sometimes a little Googling goes a long way.

Never mind, I got it all running properly again. I found out that a module broke down when I once attempted a failed installation of the Aircraft Powerpack add-on from A2A Simulations. Dave.