Sign in to follow this  
Dark Moment

FS 2004...FSSOUND.dll????

I gotta ask a really stupid question!I have tried to install some aircraft from 2002 into 2004 just to see if they would work.Some did, and some didnt'.My question here is....What is the FSSOUND.dll?When installed, And you start up 2004,I get a warning box about disabeling it yes/no.If you click no and continue on...Then go to the Aircraft that uses it...then the gauges wont'load?????? One Aircraft in question is the FSD Pilatus Porter PC-6 B2-H2.It is in the download section for 2004,Here.pilatus_porter_pc6_b2-h2_(fsd).zipAnd yes I read the "ALL"the read me's!!!!FSSound.text....gives some insight...But how do you solve the problem of the warning of something incompatible that may cause flight simulator to be come unstable and quit working??Thanks.....

If you still have FS2002 installed look in the fs2002.cfg file and you should see a section {Old Modules} with fssound.dll=1 listed under it.Copy that to the fs9.cfg file and all should be well.BTH I'm sure this is covered in the FAQ thread in this forum.

As Vulcan says, you need the FSSound section in your FS9.CFG and you'll need the module FSSound.dll in your MODULES folder, which ships with many downloads. As to the warning, you will only ever see that once. As long as the aircraft loads OK, it is logged in your FS9.CFG automatically and so the message will not reappear the next time you load.Can't speak for all aircraft, though, your risk, but it's the case with everything I've moved over to date. I just say NO to disabling animations and have had no ill effects whatsoever.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Guest Bigshot

You also need to find a copy of the fssound.dll and drop it in your FS2k4 modules folder. There's one in the Falcon50 download. They're hidden files though so you need to turn on "show hidden files".

Guest Bigshot

I thought that Porter was incompatible with FS2k4. Isn't it an FSDS model??? Changing the GPS out in the panel cfg won't fix it. Is anybody else running it in FS2k4 without any problems?

It's just been uploaded for FS2004 - never made it for FS2002, funnily enough, although most of us made our own conversion, I guess. No prop, though, I believe, although I haven't installed it myself yet. That's certainly the case with Jan Visser's Daks that I repaint - all animations work excepting the props. Doesn't bother me unduly, however, as I fly inside the plane most of the time :)Quite a few FSDS aircraft work without problems, so don't let the fact that some of your favourites are FSDS builds put you off trying them. My repaints of Mikko Maliniemi's FSDS Hawks, for example, as the Red Arrows/Black Seahawk single/Saudi Hawk single work flawlessly with no loss of functionality whatsoever. The GMAX versions work too, of course.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Thanks guys....Adding the line to the .cfg file worked!!!

Where is the fs9.cfg file located?I've searched my PC (XP if that makes a difference) and can not find it.

Guest Fishu

Just a note... With a good likelyhood FSSound.dll is causing random blue screen of death crashing on my computer, at least I don't remember having those without FSSound.dll and with it, I've had BSOD crashes more or less frequently.This can also occur as random reboots, in case the windows is set to reboot in the event of a crash, instead of showing BSOD.Probably an issue only for Fortissimo III soundcards.