Sign in to follow this  
BFLANN

Startup

Hi All,Id like some guru opinions on the Startup videos provided by ' boeingdude99 ', Part1 & Part2 @ Utube, ( find by inserting 737NG startup )? I imagine they are not 100% but even if they are sort of 70% correct you could leave some commentsas to what needs corrected. Better still if you know of a better quality startup video for the 737NG please do post a link.Feel free to offer additional comments on this issue.Regards,Bernedry.gif

If you want checklists check this out:http://www.b737.org.uk/nnp.htm

I am good friends with Boeingdude, and his tutorials are not half bad. I haven't watched them in a while, but I recall that they are rather accurate.

Joe Sherrill

Hi,No, no specific questions, Im searching for the best most accurate 737NG startup video available on the net, preferablyone endorsed by Avsim or other respected and likeminded Gurus.Thank you for the replies.Berne

Hi All,Id like some guru opinions on the Startup videos provided by ' boeingdude99 ', Part1 & Part2 @ Utube, ( find by inserting 737NG startup )? I imagine they are not 100% but even if they are sort of 70% correct you could leave some commentsas to what needs corrected. Better still if you know of a better quality startup video for the 737NG please do post a link.Feel free to offer additional comments on this issue.Regards,Bernedry.gif
Berne,Seems accurate enough but depending on your checklist used the order of things might change.A couple of things noted.- Fuel cutoff switches are usually in the OFF position when you embark. Set to OFF first thing.- Speed brake/spoilers should be DOWN and not ARMED for take-off. Boeingdud99 shows them DOWN but verbally tells you to have them ARMED.Read the manuals to understand why you are doing the sequence as shown by Boeingdude99. Otherwise it's just repetition without knowledge... ;-)Cheers and good luck,