Sign in to follow this  

What was your dumbest FS pilot error?

Gear up landing or 2 of course.Forgetting to raise the gear.Take off with fs 'Folding Wings' folded - there's a great way to see the ground level sights beyond the threshold :-lolSeveral times forgot to turn off the apu until cruise.Several times forget to turn beacon or signs on before push - little procedural errors like that annoy me no end :)Last thing I did couple nights ago was pushing back and starting without configuring A320 cduNot my fault though - the cat makes me do it :) regards,Markhttp://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a319/markrey/lsd2.jpghttp://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a319/mar.../sup_banner.jpgXPHomeSP2/FS9.1/3.2HT/1GIG/X700pro256

Regards,

Mark

Guest jboweruk

Last w/end, I tried to park the wing of my Piaggio Avanti in the terminal building, not good.

FS9: Landing with the autothrottle on. Just the other night I plowed into Mt. Ranier because I set the vertical speed too low.Pacific Fighters: Hit the wing fold combo at 2000 meters.

Maybe not the dumbest but pretty close, and it's happening right now as I speak. Launched early this am from Frankfurt for Johannesburg in my 744, got to cruise alt, slowed sim rate to 1/2 and went to work to return later for final couple thousand miles. Checking our online FSACAR'S display, it looks like my bird is out over the north atlantic. Where it's headed, who knows. The moral of this story,... always *always* check your FMC programming against the plan mode display so it doesn't take any unexpected turns that are say, oh a few thousand miles out of the way.Someone send the lifeboats out, I think I'm gonna need em. Jay EklundCAT VI Senior Captain KDENhttp://online.vatsimindicators.net/812321/764.png

Jay EKlund

UVA/GCVA Pile-it

Guest jboweruk

Hey I think you can be forgiven, couple of real world Pilots did that in a 767, they didn't live to tell since the plane flew them into a mountain killing everyone on board.Oh, and on that note it reminds me of another lame-brained mistake I made, taking off from LAS-Vegas in a Beech Bonanza, and forgot to set the props correctly, couldn't gain speed or altitude and creamed it into the side of a mountain.