Sign in to follow this  
thebigmanwiththeplan

Green x on displays.

Hi guys.I am recentely having this problem. So what happens is i go ahead and load up a cessna shut it down and end the flight. Then i load the md11 and start flight but then plane has green x on the screens. so i turn on the irs and the apu etc but they still remain! Any help is greatly apprciated.Kind Regards

Hi guys.I am recentely having this problem. So what happens is i go ahead and load up a cessna shut it down and end the flight. Then i load the md11 and start flight but then plane has green x on the screens. so i turn on the irs and the apu etc but they still remain! Any help is greatly apprciated.Kind Regards
Contact PMDG Support directly for a ticket.This screen normally crops up if there is an issue with the validation.

but it didn't happen before just started now
Doesn't change the fact that it's a validation problem.

Hi Shayan, I wouldn't think it will make any difference if you reinstall it but to be on the safe side, the liveries 1st. So you don't need to go through lots of reinstalls later (or individual uninstallers again down the road for each livery), I would back up your aircraft folder. After you reinstall you can just plop in back in place and won't need to worry about the hassel later. Of course this doesn't fix your primary issue but there is no need to have registry links to liveries at all and running a livery installer will of course create strings in the registry for the uninstaller but other than that there is no need for it.I would try a repair first though, maybe you'll get lucky and that will be it. Other than that on a side note,,, did you recently move your installation? Just curious how this just started. My only guesses are either something got corrupt or moved.Good luck,

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Thanks guys for the helpful advice. I reinstalled and It works now, however after several re-loading again it stops working but this time every thing is off nothing works and nothing is pressable...

This might be an admin issue with windows. I never install in the default Program Files (x86) folder because of the issues like this I often read. I would try again, but make sure you install with admin rights by right clicking the executable and choosing Run as Admin. It's also possible the FSX root folder doesn't have the proper rights and when whatever it is going on behind the scenes that the PMDG files write to for validation isn't being allowed to happen. That's the only thing I can think of, but not sure how that whole thing works. Most validation software writes something, somewhere. Sometimes it's impossible to find and if I did it to my own program would be written to my own unreadable code to prevent hacks, so again if the folders do not have rights, maybe that's it? The fact that you are just now seeing the issue could be because maybe you had UAC off before and something like a new group policy or security change happened and re-enabled it. Also make sure you aren't running anti virus crap when you install it and the first time you run it. Maybe your firewall is the culprit here and stopping a handshake from happening?Sorry but out of ideas on this one. If you don't get anywhere with the above, I would open that support ticket to the ones that know more about it.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier