Sign in to follow this  
fwerff

NGX Fuelburn and performance with regards to winglets

Looking forward as nothing else before to the NGX. Enjoyed RSR's latest update, thank you Robert!The enormous high level of reality, made we wonder if this also stretches to the flightmodel.More particular; will the aircraft have a different fuel burn and performance when equiped with winglets vs the model without winglets?Especialy the fuelburn during cruise is significantly lower on the WL models.

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

Hi Ryan,Thanks for the impressive fast response.I have flown a zillion flights in the original NG, but I must admit I never new this was modelled :(

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

It's a pretty subtle effect, especially on a shorter range aircraft like the NG. It's something the bean counters will notice though!

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I assume this is the same for the 747X when Winglets are de-selected/ selected right? :(

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

It's a pretty subtle effect, especially on a shorter range aircraft like the NG. It's something the bean counters will notice though!
At AA, we sure do notice it! Especially compared to our MD-80s... We ordered 35 more this year to speed up the replacement! Despite how I love the MD-80, from a cost perspective, I can't wait until we are rid of them damn things!Chris Lezama

Chris Lezama

I can't wait until we are rid of them damn things!
As a very frequent American Airlines flyier, I share that sentiment. I had the pleasure to finally fly on one of your brand new 738s not that long ago, I swear it must have been in service less than a month, and I loved it. Those MD-80 really are not that fun for the passenger. No movie!

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

As a very frequent American Airlines flyier, I share that sentiment. I had the pleasure to finally fly on one of your brand new 738s not that long ago, I swear it must have been in service less than a month, and I loved it. Those MD-80 really are not that fun for the passenger. No movie!
Well we are retrofitting all of our 738 interiors to match our brand new ones so all of them will have the flip down screens and the new "slide reclining" seats (these things are actually great, im 6'5" and my knees are finally saved by how this seat reclines!).I was flying back home to Dallas on Sunday on a 738 and some of the screens wouldn't retract. I was like "ALREADY?!?!?!". I guess you get what you pay $30 million for... LOL!*and to play the good employee*Thank you for being a loyal AA customer!*end good employee speak*:Big Grin:Chris Lezama

Chris Lezama

I assume this is the same for the 747X when Winglets are de-selected/ selected right? :(
Actually I believe that's just a visual thing on the 747 - the only reason we put the option to disable the winglets in was to be able to do fictional liveries like Air Force 1 to make it look more like a 200 (the LCF is another good example).

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest 413X3

Also to replicate the -400D which doesn't have winglets