Sign in to follow this  
HUSSAR

How do you organize your files?

I was just wondering how the experts, ok even the not so expert painters like myself, organize their work? Do you keep everything bunched up in one huge folder filled with everything you have ever amassed? Or do you tuck each titled paint away complete with resource pics, working .PSD's finished .BMP's and DDS's and finally the upload all in their own folder in one location?I have been busier than a beaver cleaning out files and folders in preparation to do a formal defrag on my working computer. In a short period of time I have accumulated a vast array of files and folders which have been carefully placed on my E-Book for safekeeping while other's have been left in the last place I left them, willy nilly on my desktop or another folder elsewhere... what a messy virtual office I have LOL!It never hurts to be organized, I am a little curious as to how you all do it?Let er rip!

\Robert Hamlich/

I know the problem.When I start a paint (project) I create a folder called e.g. Pink Dakota.EVERYTHING what has to do with the Pink Dakota project goes into this folder.Everytime I have been working on the project I save the copy of this project on my back-up PC.Now and then I burn the lot on a DVD.The result:The back-up PC dies.This guy can`t find the DVD anywhere.I panic...........The only thing whats really important ,can you do the trick once again.Its just like making music.When you can play the piano, you need no recordings , just play it once again.On that moment you have more experience and the result will be even better.In other words , backups are not so important for an artist.Please do not bother to much.CheersLeen de Jager

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Hi Leen,I like your philosophy, practice does make perfect, well let me just say say better in my world. I don't like to use the word perfect too much.Best regards,Robert

\Robert Hamlich/

Simple answer: with great difficulty!First I have an fsx paints projects folderIn this folder I have each aircraft typeIn the aircraft type folder I have a separate PSD and Corel master folder plus one folder for each aircraft I paint. I these folders I "park" a series of subfolders "photos", "logos" and the like... let a picture explain a typical situation: Basically, each aircraft type is similar....

Chris Brisland - the repainter known as EagleSkinner is back from the dead. Perhaps. Or maybe not.

System: Intel I9 32 GB RAM, nVidia RTX 3090 graphics 24 GB VRAM, three 32" Samsung monitors, Logitech yoke, pedals, switch panel, multi panel