Sign in to follow this  
bojote

Bojote's WaterConstants.Xml

Ok. From Shader 1.0 Mod, I should:1. Use the .xml data posted on this thread.2. Replace ShaderHLSL 1.0 to 3.0 (*******'s file on the avsim library)3. Add info on fsx.cfgAnd done?And in order for me to ensure that shaders did re-compile, I should change the number on SHADER_CACHE_VERSION?Thanks ******* for your hard work!

And in order for me to ensure that shaders did re-compile, I should change the number on SHADER_CACHE_VERSION?
As an alternative, you can also remove (or rename) the cache folders manually (some times the SHADER_CACHE_VERSION does not work) cache folders are located in: %APPDATA%\..\Local\Microsoft Games\FSXfolders are: shaders (for DX9) and shaders10 (for DX10) simply 'rename' shaders and FSX will re-compile them automcatically.

Thank you, Bojote! I see a HUGE improvement with the "grids".After sunrise and prior to sunset, when the sun is lower to the horizon, I'm getting virtually NO grids now. bojoteshader2.jpgAt a more central time of day, the grids are appearing but they are VERY feint, especially compared to how they appeared previously. (This is at a much higher altitude as well...)bojoteshader3.jpgBy the way, I am not using REX, so I'm not sure if that could be a problem.I also was going to bring up the lack of movement in the ocean but I see that it has already been brought up and you have provided a way of correcting that. I'll try that fix shortly and post my results.I truly appreciate all of the hard work you have put in, *******. Thanks again!Alex

Alexander Alonso

Thank you, Mr. Bojote. I really like the improvement and I'm currently using and watching it on the Pacific Fjords together with REX. No more grids here and some nice overall optics.

You change this: <fTimeX1>-0.283</fTimeX1> <fTimeY1>0.004</fTimeY1> <fTimeX2>-0.423</fTimeX2> <fTimeY2>0.838</fTimeY2> to this: <fTimeX1>-1.283</fTimeX1> <fTimeY1>1.004</fTimeY1> <fTimeX2>-1.423</fTimeX2> <fTimeY2>1.838</fTimeY2> fTimeX1, fTimeY1, fTimeX2 and fTimeY2. X's are always negative numbers, Y's are always POSITIVE. The farthest they are apart (e.g X1 from Y1 and X2 from Y2) the faster your water will flow.
I tried these changes but noticed no difference in animation.

Alexander Alonso

Thanks *******, water looks great. I have one question though:How can I get rid of those really bright white blobs on my water? See attached picture.Also, I have noticed my bloom has increased since changing my water.xml, is this possible or am I hallucinating?

Thanks *******, water looks great. I have one question though:How can I get rid of those really bright white blobs on my water? See attached picture.Also, I have noticed my bloom has increased since changing my water.xml, is this possible or am I hallucinating?
The waterconstants.xml file I published does have increased reflections, so you are not hallucinating.If you want to get rid of the bright white blobs you need to increase the BumpMapping from the current value (which I believe is 1.000) to something like 3.500Higher values mean: Sparkly, tiny waves. (great for giving you the perception of being high) not on drugs, I mean on the high on the sky!Lower values produce what you see on the picture. Now, MY WATERcontant.xml does NOT create the effect you show in that picture, so I'm 99.99999% sure you have NOT deleted your shader cache. Please, double check.here's my PERSONAL PREFERENCE for the WaterConstants.xml file (which is different from the one I published) again, is based on my OWN PERSONAL PREFERENCES so you might not like it. (its the one I use for daily flying)
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><SimBase.Document Type="WaterConstantFile" version="1,0">    <Descr>AceXML Document</Descr>    <WaterConsts.ConstantSets>        <ConstantSet>            <Shader20>                    <fWaveFresnelFactorMin>0.000</fWaveFresnelFactorMin>                    <fWaveFresnelFactorMax>1.000</fWaveFresnelFactorMax>                    <fSpecularPower>53.384</fSpecularPower>                    <fSpecularBoost>1.540</fSpecularBoost>                    <fSpecularBlend>0.605</fSpecularBlend>                    <fWaveBumpUVScale>3.000</fWaveBumpUVScale>                    <fWaterBumpRotation>45.000</fWaterBumpRotation>                    <fTimeX1>-0.283</fTimeX1>                    <fTimeY1>0.004</fTimeY1>                    <fTimeX2>-0.423</fTimeX2>                    <fTimeY2>0.838</fTimeY2>            </Shader20>            <Shader30>            </Shader30>            <Wave>            </Wave>            <Shader40WaterClassSet>                <Shader40>                    <fWaveFresnelFactorMin>0.000</fWaveFresnelFactorMin>                    <fWaveFresnelFactorMax>1.000</fWaveFresnelFactorMax>                    <fSpecularPower>53.384</fSpecularPower>                    <fSpecularBoost>1.005</fSpecularBoost>                    <fSpecularBlend>0.605</fSpecularBlend>                    <fWhiteCapPower>0.844</fWhiteCapPower>                    <fWaveBumpUVScale1>3.847</fWaveBumpUVScale1>                    <fWaveBumpUVScale2>3.563</fWaveBumpUVScale2>                    <fWaveBumpUVScale3>1.822</fWaveBumpUVScale3>                    <fWaveBumpUVScaleDetail>4.217</fWaveBumpUVScaleDetail>                    <fWaterBumpRotation1>141.516</fWaterBumpRotation1>                    <fWaterBumpRotation2>331.488</fWaterBumpRotation2>                    <fWaterBumpRotation3>62.388</fWaterBumpRotation3>                    <fWaterBumpBlend1>0.757</fWaterBumpBlend1>                    <fWaterBumpBlend2>0.751</fWaterBumpBlend2>                    <fWaterBumpBlend3>0.567</fWaterBumpBlend3>                    <fWaterBumpBlendDetail>0.616</fWaterBumpBlendDetail>                    <fWaterBumpWind3>0.599</fWaterBumpWind3>                    <fWaterBumpWindDetail>0.497</fWaterBumpWindDetail>                    <fTimeX1>-1.283</fTimeX1>                    <fTimeX2>-1.423</fTimeX2>                    <fTimeX3>1.074</fTimeX3>                    <fTimeXDetail>-2.882</fTimeXDetail>                    <fTimeY1>1.004</fTimeY1>                    <fTimeY2>1.838</fTimeY2>                    <fTimeY3>-0.036</fTimeY3>                    <fTimeYDetail>2.740</fTimeYDetail>                </Shader40>            </Shader40WaterClassSet>        </ConstantSet>        <ConstantSet>            <Elevation>MID</Elevation>            <Shader20>                    <fWaveFresnelFactorMin>0.000</fWaveFresnelFactorMin>                    <fWaveFresnelFactorMax>1.000</fWaveFresnelFactorMax>                    <fSpecularPower>69.513</fSpecularPower>                    <fSpecularBoost>1.540</fSpecularBoost>                    <fSpecularBlend>0.619</fSpecularBlend>                    <fWaveBumpUVScale>1.500</fWaveBumpUVScale>                    <fWaterBumpRotation>45.000</fWaterBumpRotation>                    <fTimeX1>-0.083</fTimeX1>                    <fTimeY1>0.004</fTimeY1>                    <fTimeX2>-0.023</fTimeX2>                    <fTimeY2>0.038</fTimeY2>            </Shader20>            <Shader30>            </Shader30>            <Wave>            </Wave>            <Shader40WaterClassSet>                <Shader40>                    <fWaveFresnelFactorMin>0.000</fWaveFresnelFactorMin>                    <fWaveFresnelFactorMax>1.000</fWaveFresnelFactorMax>                    <fSpecularPower>69.513</fSpecularPower>                    <fSpecularBoost>1.004</fSpecularBoost>                    <fSpecularBlend>0.719</fSpecularBlend>                    <fWhiteCapPower>0.838</fWhiteCapPower>                    <fWaveBumpUVScale1>2.405</fWaveBumpUVScale1>                    <fWaveBumpUVScale2>2.405</fWaveBumpUVScale2>                    <fWaveBumpUVScale3>1.352</fWaveBumpUVScale3>                    <fWaveBumpUVScaleDetail>16.527</fWaveBumpUVScaleDetail>                    <fWaterBumpRotation1>141.516</fWaterBumpRotation1>                    <fWaterBumpRotation2>330.804</fWaterBumpRotation2>                    <fWaterBumpRotation3>62.388</fWaterBumpRotation3>                    <fWaterBumpRotationDetail>156.024</fWaterBumpRotationDetail>                    <fWaterBumpBlend1>0.751</fWaterBumpBlend1>                    <fWaterBumpBlend2>0.746</fWaterBumpBlend2>                    <fWaterBumpBlend3>0.723</fWaterBumpBlend3>                    <fWaterBumpBlendDetail>0.000</fWaterBumpBlendDetail>                    <fWaterBumpWind3>0.595</fWaterBumpWind3>                    <fWaterBumpWindDetail>0.000</fWaterBumpWindDetail>                    <fTimeX1>-0.869</fTimeX1>                    <fTimeX2>-1.006</fTimeX2>                    <fTimeX3>0.727</fTimeX3>                    <fTimeXDetail>0.659</fTimeXDetail>                    <fTimeY1>0.727</fTimeY1>                    <fTimeY2>1.214</fTimeY2>                    <fTimeY3>-0.036</fTimeY3>                    <fTimeYDetail>-2.185</fTimeYDetail>                </Shader40>            </Shader40WaterClassSet>        </ConstantSet>        <ConstantSet>            <Elevation>HIGH</Elevation>            <Shader20>                    <fWaveFresnelFactorMin>0.000</fWaveFresnelFactorMin>                    <fWaveFresnelFactorMax>1.000</fWaveFresnelFactorMax>                    <fSpecularPower>69.513</fSpecularPower>                    <fSpecularBoost>1.540</fSpecularBoost>                    <fSpecularBlend>0.619</fSpecularBlend>                    <fWaveBumpUVScale>0.250</fWaveBumpUVScale>                    <fWaterBumpRotation>45.000</fWaterBumpRotation>                    <fTimeX1>-0.083</fTimeX1>                    <fTimeY1>0.004</fTimeY1>                    <fTimeX2>-0.023</fTimeX2>                    <fTimeY2>0.038</fTimeY2>            </Shader20>            <Shader30>            </Shader30>            <Wave>            </Wave>            <Shader40WaterClassSet>                <Shader40>                    <fWaveFresnelFactorMin>0.000</fWaveFresnelFactorMin>                    <fWaveFresnelFactorMax>1.000</fWaveFresnelFactorMax>                    <fSpecularPower>69.513</fSpecularPower>                    <fSpecularBoost>1.004</fSpecularBoost>                    <fSpecularBlend>0.719</fSpecularBlend>                    <fWhiteCapPower>0.844</fWhiteCapPower>                    <fWaveBumpUVScale1>1.248</fWaveBumpUVScale1>                    <fWaveBumpUVScale2>1.248</fWaveBumpUVScale2>                    <fWaveBumpUVScale3>0.674</fWaveBumpUVScale3>                    <fWaveBumpUVScaleDetail>0.100</fWaveBumpUVScaleDetail>                    <fWaterBumpRotation1>141.516</fWaterBumpRotation1>                    <fWaterBumpRotation2>328.752</fWaterBumpRotation2>                    <fWaterBumpRotation3>62.388</fWaterBumpRotation3>                    <fWaterBumpRotationDetail>0.000</fWaterBumpRotationDetail>                    <fWaterBumpBlend1>0.746</fWaterBumpBlend1>                    <fWaterBumpBlend2>0.746</fWaterBumpBlend2>                    <fWaterBumpBlend3>0.682</fWaterBumpBlend3>                    <fWaterBumpBlendDetail>0.000</fWaterBumpBlendDetail>                    <fWaterBumpWind3>0.595</fWaterBumpWind3>                    <fWaterBumpWindDetail>0.023</fWaterBumpWindDetail>                    <fTimeX1>-0.728</fTimeX1>                    <fTimeX2>-0.798</fTimeX2>                    <fTimeX3>0.589</fTimeX3>                    <fTimeXDetail>-1.000</fTimeXDetail>                    <fTimeY1>0.312</fTimeY1>                    <fTimeY2>0.935</fTimeY2>                    <fTimeY3>-0.036</fTimeY3>                    <fTimeYDetail>1.000</fTimeYDetail>                </Shader40>            </Shader40WaterClassSet>        </ConstantSet>    </WaterConsts.ConstantSets></SimBase.Document>

Thanks *******, I will give your suggestion a try.I have indeed deleted the shader cache. When I started FSX, it loaded the new ones.I'm not using Shader 3.0 and I have ATI5970 card if that matters at all.Also, there's a white film that floats over the water and hovers across, IMO, it is too fast for my taste, how do I adjust it so that it is slightly slower?

Thanks *******, I will give your suggestion a try.I have indeed deleted the shader cache. When I started FSX, it loaded the new ones.I'm not using Shader 3.0 and I have ATI5970 card if that matters at all.Also, there's a white film that floats over the water and hovers across, IMO, it is too fast for my taste, how do I adjust it so that it is slightly slower?
The speed can be controlled setting all X and Y values to 0 (to make it stop) or reduce it even more from the values already there. BTW, if you install Shader 3.0 with that ATI card you performance will be improved considerably and if you do a 'Before and After' shot of the screen you just posted but using the Shader 3.0 mod + the watercontant file I sent, then you'll cry out of joy ;) (I assume you have REX installed correct?)

I have REX, but I can't seem to get Shader 3.0 to work. My plane is in weird pieces and my cockpit windshield is black. Not sure if you have a fix for this, would really appreciate it (I don't mean to derail the thread on waterconstants.xml, feel free to PM me about the shader 3.0 issue that I am experiencing, I would really appreciate it!) Thanks!

I have REX, but I can't seem to get Shader 3.0 to work. My plane is in weird pieces and my cockpit windshield is black. Not sure if you have a fix for this, would really appreciate it (I don't mean to derail the thread on waterconstants.xml, feel free to PM me about the shader 3.0 issue that I am experiencing, I would really appreciate it!) Thanks!
Follow this steps to the letter. Even if they mean doing something you already did ok?STEP 1 - Download this shader mod version: http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=148399STEP 2 - Go to your MAIN FSX Folder, the one where fsx.exe is and RENAME your current ShadersHLSL folder to ShadersHLSL.OLDSTEP 3 - Unpack the Shader mod in your desktop, and copy the resulting ShadersHLSL folder INSIDE your main FSX folder. You'll know you did it right when you see both ShadersHLSL.OLD and ShadersHLSL in the same directorySTEP 4 - Press the WIN key + R, when the prompt appears enter the following command: %APPDATA%\..\Local\Microsoft\FSX\and press ENTER. You should see a folder called 'shaders' RENAME it to something like shaders.OLDSTEP 5 - Press the WIN key + R and enter this at the prompt: notepad %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\fsx.CFGand press ENTER. What you see if your fsx.cfg file, now MAKE SURE the following line is present:ALLOW_SHADER_30=1do a CTRL+F to search for the string of text, you want to make sure ALLOW_SHADER_30=1 appears UNDER the [GRAPHICS] section and also MAKE ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN you DONT HAVE duplicate [GRAPHICS] SECTIONS in your fsx.cfg fileSTEP 6 - Start FSX..If you follow the above steps to the letter it *WILL* work, make sure you take screen shots NOW, so you can do a BEFORE AND AFTER comparison to post it here.

Thank you so much! I don't know what it was, but it worked this time around.I think it looks better, but I don't have any wave animation as I did with Shader 1.0, it's completely static.The before photo:(trying to upload the after photo but I'm having trouble)

The after photo
So, you like the 'before' effects more? the good news is that you can tweak the water now, ANY way you want by simply changing values in the Waterconstants.xml file. It would be great to have a Water configurator just to tweak that waterconstants file :)Try to explain as best as you can what you want to achieve, because, those Before/after shots speak for themselves!

Yes they are. The difference is even more noticeable in-game than they are with the screenshots. I love it!Things I would like to adjust:1. Right now, waves are static, there's nothing that moves. I would like to see a prominent wave action. I can do this myself as you have proposed a few posts ago, not sure what the right numbers will be. Would be nice to have a very wavy sea.2. I would like to reduce the reflection from the sun and moon. Can we reduce the reflection?3. Shader 1.0 with your waterconstants.xml had a nice look feature (looked like white dots that move small distances back and forth) and really gave the water the appearance of motion. Those aren't showing up anymore.ps. I have noticed significant gain (8 to 10) FPS with Shaders 3.0. :-)Thanks again *******, we are all very grateful for your hard work!