Sign in to follow this  
MikeOsburn

MAAM-SIM R4D/DC-3 FSX Update DL Issue

Sir,I have a downloaded MAAM-SIM DC3 application for FS09. I tried to update it using r4dFSXu1.exe but the instruction says I need the MAAM-DC3 CD. Since I have the downloaded version I do not have a CD to insert. What do I need to do to get my MAAM-SIM DC3 to run on FSX?Thanks!Mike Osburn

First up, you need to install it in FS9. Doesn't matter if you haven't got FS9 installed, you can create a dummy FS9 folder to put it in. Then you need to drag the MAAM DC-3 folders into the Sim Object/Airplane folder in FSX, then you need to apply the patch, and you might also have to grab the window fix (depending on whether or not you get a problem with window transparency), which is simply a case of replacing a window file with another one that has the alpha channel sorted out for it.You don't need the CD.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Good Morning Mike;To amplify what Alan said, when you run the FS9 installer, unless you direct it to a 'dummy' folder on your desktop, it will probably put the aircraft folders in a folder called Microsoft Games/Microsoft Flight SImulator 9/Aircraft, whether you have FS9 installed or not. You'll then want to cut/paste the individual MAAM-SIM aircraft folders from there into the FSX/Simobjects/Airplanes folder.Then, when you run the r4dFSXu1.exe it will seek out your FSX install and replace the appropriate files in each MAAM-SIM aircraft folder, bringing them up to FSX standard for the most part.Next, you need to grab the SP2 transparency fix files provided by MAAM and copy/paste them into each texture folder per the instructions. You will still probably have a problem with one of the engine parts being transparent (the shaft between the engine and propeller), if so I can get you an r4d_engineparts.bmp that will work.This seems like an awful lot to deal with, but it's not too bad and when you're done you'll have it working well in FSX. Feel free to shoot me an email if you run into any snags.

Matt Smith

Prepar3D

Bill:r4dFSXu1.exe doesn't run when clicked. Even when I choose Run as Administrator in dialogue box nothing happens. Is there a secret to this I don't know?I have all the aircraft files in simobjects/airplanes after transferring from the new folder Aircraft added by the installer. The next step, the updater, doesn't run when I click on it.Windows XP SP3 and FSX SP2 and Acceleration.Any ideas? Thanks.Gary Bill: Ignore the last post. It was AdAware that was blocking the updater as malicious. Sorry.Thanks for a great product.Gary

I have another question, actually two problems listed below. I followed all instructions posted here but am confused re: some gauges and effects files still remaining in dummy FS9 folder. I've checked "r4dFSXu1.exe" but it installs only the following:1- updates to aircraft files (SimObjects/Airplanes folder)2- modified MAAM_R4D.gau file3- new sound filesIt obviously didn't add any FX files into FSX\Effects folder. Also, I can hear the engine and prop sounds only in external view, nothing inside the VC - not "nothing" but only switch clickes, that's it.Can anyone advise on what to do with FX files and engine sounds inside VC?!? Thanks!!!

Regards,

Victor Quebec