Sign in to follow this  
Guest tima414

Can't steer on ground while using FS2Crew

Guest tima414

Purchased the software yesterday, really liking it, except when the program is running, I can't steer on the ground. I have rudder pedals and even assigned one of my throttle axis to be the steering tiller and that won't work. Any thoughts here?Tim

Purchased the software yesterday, really liking it, except when the program is running, I can't steer on the ground. I have rudder pedals and even assigned one of my throttle axis to be the steering tiller and that won't work. Any thoughts here?Tim
Hi Tim,Is this an FS2Crew or PMDG question?Cheers,

Guest tima414

FS2Crew because I can steer just fine when FS2Crew isn't running. I've put over 100+ hours on the PMDG MD-11 before adding FS2Crew. FS2Crew works just fine, and so does the MD-11 up until it's time for taxi when the aircraft won't steer. In the cockpit you can see that the steering tiller won't move, but the rudder pedals and other flight controls work fine.Tim

Guest tima414

You're right I should be able to, but I can't. rudder pedals, yoke, the axis I've assigned to the steering tiller all will not turn the aircraft. I'm not one to complain but at this point it feels like I've wasted $38.00. Such a shame.

You're right I should be able to, but I can't. rudder pedals, yoke, the axis I've assigned to the steering tiller all will not turn the aircraft. I'm not one to complain but at this point it feels like I've wasted $38.00. Such a shame.
I suspect there is a procedural problem as FS2Crew does touch the MD11's internal code.Are the hydraulics on?I suspect the issue may be there. Something's not setup right.Cheers,

Hey guys, Well unfortunately he's NOT the only one having this problem. I too am new to FS2CREW but my md-11 was turning fine, just not while fs2crew is operating. Was there ever a fix generated for this?

Hey guys, Well unfortunately he's NOT the only one having this problem. I too am new to FS2CREW but my md-11 was turning fine, just not while fs2crew is operating. Was there ever a fix generated for this?
Hi,There's no fix because nothing is broken.Are you positive the hydraulics are on?Best,

Hi,There's no fix because nothing is broken.Are you positive the hydraulics are on?Best,
Positive... it didn't do it when I was in the cargo plane. just noticed it for the first time today, the first time i've flown the pax version. Hydraulics on auto, and on the HYD page of the SD all is green and in appropriate levels.

Positive... it didn't do it when I was in the cargo plane. just noticed it for the first time today, the first time i've flown the pax version. Hydraulics on auto, and on the HYD page of the SD all is green and in appropriate levels.
Hmmm, FS2Crew doesn't override the joystick.Does it always happen for the very start, or does it just start happening at a specific point in the simulation?Best,

Sorry for the late response. But was just trying it out and that time no problems with the steering. Complete flight from RJCJ/VTBD with no taxi problems But, I'not 100% sure fs2crew was fully operational either. Because my pushback feature wasn't working properly, and the FA'S didn't give the safety briefing. However, that doesn't mean I didn't do something wrong during the preflight or other phases of boarding/departure!! Will be back in touch when I can reproduce the problem at will. It might have just been a glitch.

In case it hasnt been resolved i just installed fs2crew for md-11 pmdg and had the same problem...the solution is to wait for the co-pilot to run his checks...if you look into the main fs2crew panelthere will be a countdown in the top left corner it usually starts out at +45 you have to wait until it reaches 0 or press the fast forward button...also read pages 3-7 in the fs2crew manual for furtherinstructionsHope this helps

I am using FS2crew with the MD11 since the beginning and I never had any problem with the steering on taxi.I have setup one axis of my CH Product flight yoke for the steering tiller via FSUIPC and it works very good.Maybe verify that autocoordination is not checked in FS Menu.

vpa055.png

Hi,

I know this reply is very late, but having just purchased Fs2Crew and observed the same problem, I did actually find one other possible culprit related to not following the procedures.

And that is, ..... assuming all flight controls react as expected and you have selected pushback from the secondary panel, don't forget to disconnect the towing pin which is done on the secondary panel! You'll find the aircraft steers much better once you've told the pushback driver to disconnect. :lol:

Back to the learning curve!! BTW - very nice product I have to say.

Cheers

Mark

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

Hi,

I know this reply is very late, but having just purchased Fs2Crew and observed the same problem, I did actually find one other possible culprit related to not following the procedures.

And that is, ..... assuming all flight controls react as expected and you have selected pushback from the secondary panel, don't forget to disconnect the towing pin which is done on the secondary panel! You'll find the aircraft steers much better once you've told the pushback driver to disconnect. :lol:

Back to the learning curve!! BTW - very nice product I have to say.

Cheers

Mark

Thank you!  Opening FS2Crew window and disconnecting ground crew as if I had pushed back with them releases the steering wheel. I was using GSX for pushback so I would never have thought of that. And it happens rarely. It's odd.

Rui Laureano

Lisboa, Portugal