Sign in to follow this  
hamish7777

New Nvidia GTX 570 Autogen Spikes Appeared.

:Raised Eyebrow: Hi GuysI have recently upgraded my computer swapping an ATI 5850 for the new Nvidia GTX570. I ran the driver sweeper and installed the new 263.09 drivers.I then set up the Nvidia Inspector as per NickN's suggestions exactly. I am running an i5 O'c to 4.0Ghz and have 8GB of GSkill Ram.I started playing FSX and all was fine till I started to see these problems.http://picasaweb.google.com/hamishdd/FSXGTX570Anomolies?authkey=Gv1sRgCNiBz4bmvafVWw&feat=directlinkI started to immediately think that I had a faulty card so started to run some stability tests on my card. Knowing that Call of Duty is graphic intensive I played for 45 mins straight without a hitch. I opened Nvidia Inspector and kept a look at the temps and COD it ran about 78 degrees..I loaded up FSX and at first watched the load and temps which never went higher than around 62 degrees. I noticed that these weird flashes were mostly starting when I had the autogen setting on dense or extremely dense. I did a test where I put all the sliders down to the bare minimum bar the autogen one and I still had the problem. I decided to move my cfg file and let FSX build a completely vanilla version but again this has made no difference. I do not have a bufferpools tweak either... It seems that flying anywhere near trees causes the instability..Unfortunately there is only one driver available for this card so I am not sure if I could try an older version just in case its driver related... I am using GeForce 263.09 WHQL.If anybody else has had these autogen spikes I could sure do with some help.....Many ThanksH.

I started to immediately think that I had a faulty card so started to run some stability tests on my card. Knowing that Call of Duty is graphic intensive I played for 45 mins straight without a hitch. I opened Nvidia Inspector and kept a look at the temps and COD it ran about 78 degrees..
I would be uncomfortable with those temperatures. have you thought of replacing the stock fan, I have a gts 520 and it made a world of difference(mostly bad company 2) even with fsx.

I had a post saying that NickN had come across this and it looks like new Nvidia cards and the latest drivers do not work with Win XP 64 bit...http://www.simforums.com/forums/nvidia-26063-drivers-and-gtx-480-xp-64bit-fsx_topic36533_post214120.html?KW=GTX+480+Windows+XP#214120This is quite a shock... looks like my problem.. tried the external limiter set to 30fps etc but to no avail.I am wondering if I can try and use an older driver even though its not meant to be used with my card... could I do any harm in trying? :Shocked:http://forum.avsim.net/topic/283464-windows-xp-x64-gtx-480-and-fsx-not-a-good-marriage/Should have done my homework..... looks like it may have to be Windows 7 in the end......H. :Cry:

Sorry but this is not the right forum.Please read here! I move it for this time

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

I had a post saying that NickN had come across this and it looks like new Nvidia cards and the latest drivers do not work with Win XP 64 bit...http://www.simforums.com/forums/nvidia-26063-drivers-and-gtx-480-xp-64bit-fsx_topic36533_post214120.html?KW=GTX+480+Windows+XP#214120This is quite a shock... looks like my problem.. tried the external limiter set to 30fps etc but to no avail.I am wondering if I can try and use an older driver even though its not meant to be used with my card... could I do any harm in trying? :Shocked:http://forum.avsim.net/topic/283464-windows-xp-x64-gtx-480-and-fsx-not-a-good-marriage/Should have done my homework..... looks like it may have to be Windows 7 in the end......H. :Cry:
The 400 and 500 series Nvidia won't work with XP 64...at least not yet.I was forced to go to W7 also.K