Sign in to follow this  
OwenHewitt

A new lease on performance

I know now why the ms flight team devs stopped to write in forums... they are tired to read so many dumb posts... How can we talk about something that nobody have seen yet? How can we compare to FSX (oh right... some screenshots that are probably a Alpha build)? How we know if the world will be more detailed of what already is in FSX with addons? and... HOW THE H@LL CAN PEOPLE SAY IT IS NOT A SIM ONLY BECAUSE IT IS CALLED FLIGHT! AND NOT FLIGHT SIMULATOR?? Give them the time to release the product, and then you can complain if it's not a sim or what it is and if you'll buy or not.sorry but i couldn't stop to write that...P.S.I'll be more than happy if they will drop backward compatibility with FSX addons...

Microsoft's Flight Simulator is a simulator game, but still a game. Based on the information released by Microsoft so far, Flight will also be a simulator game. That said, Microsoft's flying games can be valuable learning and instruction tools when used by experienced real world pilots and flight instructors, but don't kid yourself, it's still a game.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

What about AA/AF is that really necessary?
Yes, they really are. After using AA and AF to smooth edges and stop texture shimmering, there is no way on Earth that I ever want to go back.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Yep, many may also believe in cradle to grave entitilements and wealth distribution. Maybe this should all be free Shame%20On%20You.gif

I have never seen so many anti-capitalists in my life ...

I'm personally really looking forward to MS Flight. If my FSX add-ons don't work, then FSX will just stay on my hard drive so I can keep using those add-ons whenever I feel like it. I'm alot more concerned with things like changes to Simconnect that would render some of my add-on hardware useless (like my Saitek panels). But if they do change Simconnect, hopefully there will be an MS Flight version of FSUIPC that would allow for configuring/using the panels under MS Flight. As much as I like my Saitek gear, they really need to dump their driver programmers and hire more competent people. At least then, I wouldn't be so worried about all that add-on hardware potentially not working with the new sim (err, game... eh, whatever you want to call it, it's still FS11 to me LOL.) :)

Guest veeray

I'm guessing you are talking about Saitek gear that aren't directx compatible such as the guages. Didn't you know that when you bought the gear? Changing the driver programmers isn't going to change anything unless they can devise a way to make it work with axis/button controls :)

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.