Sign in to follow this  
Paolo_R

Freeware MIG-21

Can anyone recommend a good freeware MIG-21 and a location to obtain it? I've tried the AVSIM library but did not find anything.TIA

Can anyone recommend a good freeware MIG-21 and a location to obtain it? I've tried the AVSIM library but did not find anything.TIA
A quick search at Flightsim using MIG-21 as the criteria brought up a number of possibilities.

A quick search at Flightsim using MIG-21 as the criteria brought up a number of possibilities.
Thank you. As a relative newcomer to FS I'm not totally up to speed on the different sources of add-ons so thanks for the lead.

When it comes to MiG-21s, I'd very recommend Ivan Jurcaga's MiG-21, compatible with both FS9 and FSX, available on Simviation: http://simviation.co...Jurcaga&x=0&y=0Dave.
Dave: thanks for that and I've downloaded that model. I note on the same page reference to a MiG-21 package update which states "The VC is okay, but not fully clickable. I've been reworking .air files and .cfg files for a few demo teams and an Abacus add on pack". The link goes to a page which contains only FSX add-ons. Are the MiG-21 and update package compatible with FS9?

Dave: thanks for that and I've downloaded that model. I note on the same page reference to a MiG-21 package update which states "The VC is okay, but not fully clickable. I've been reworking .air files and .cfg files for a few demo teams and an Abacus add on pack". The link goes to a page which contains only FSX add-ons. Are the MiG-21 and update package compatible with FS9?
Yes, they are. The update pack itself, is optional. It actually makes the aircraft fly more accurately, if realism and accuracy is your choice. Dave.

Yes, they are. The update pack itself, is optional. It actually makes the aircraft fly more accurately, if realism and accuracy is your choice. Dave.
Dave: thanks for the clarification. I'll press on with installation now!

Dave: probably a bit late in the day to ask this but how does one fly this plane?! Is there a guide available anywhere which explains the instrument panels and flight characteristics ?