Sign in to follow this  
FSMP

"I have a dream"

Back in the 90's "I had a dream"http://www.flightsim.com/howto/fs9eicas/gps295.jpgIt came true ...."Now, in early 2011, "I have had another dream"https://buy.garmin.c...D=269&pID=37630WATCH the VIDEO on this page -- read the description --- yes, I dream in COLOR !!A fully functional, G1000-SVT for FSX, with faithful simulation of ALL the G1000 functions, for realistic pilot training.ALL real world G1000 menus, ALL features, including Weather, Airport navigation, & SVT.We are not talking "Your Grandfather's MS FSX Gps" !!Technically it should be possible in FSX. So I challenge any FSX developer to produce it.IF there is ONE FSX addon, I would buy in 2011, it would be a fully functional G1000-SVT.

Mindstar do the standard G1000google it :)

Guys, READ more carefully...He's referring to the new "Synthetic Vision Technology" (SVT) feature added to the G1000.Unfortunately, I don't believe that it's going to be technically possible to achive in FSX though.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Technically it should be possible in FSX.
Nope. Not without replacing significant parts of the base FSX sim such as the actual weather engine, etc. SVT in FSX won't exist as it does in the Garmin unless you purchased terrain and obstacle data from a third party (very expensive). Weather display like the XM weather feed provides simply doesn't exist in FSX at all, there's just absolutely no data in FSX to support that weather display system. Airport navigation support would require a custom database as the default FSX data doesn't provide enough detailed information to support it.Now, I will agree there are ways to brute force hack... but that's illegal (copyright infringement, the data isn't owned by Microsoft but rather licensed by them from other companies such as Jeppensen) and may not play nice with others (addons).

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69