Sign in to follow this  
Yassine - d

FSX Low fps @ Good gaming PC

Hello, I have FSX Installed with REX 2.0, some add-ons like aerosoft munchen. My problem is when i am starting on munchen with just the default Boeing 737-800, i am getting such a low fps. I have a good Gaming pc, with a i7 870 @ 2.93 ghz, and a ATI Raedon 5870 Direct x 11. 6 GB RAM. So I don't know why fsx is running zo badly. Any help ???thnx anyway ^.^

Might be that the add on scenery is very demanding and brings your fps down. Have you tried to decrease AI aircraft and AI ground vehiicles? Reduced autogen and other display settings. On my computer this helps to increase the fps.:( Here is an excellent guid on how to tune your system and FSX: http://www.simforums.com/forums/setting-up-fsx-and-how-to-tune-it_topic29041.htmlThis guide is based on using nVIDIA graphic cards, but there are a lot of good advice.

What is "low fps"? Remember, FSX can't be ran at highest settings. Start with all sliders at left. Then move them one by one, see what is making it work so slowly.Besides, FSX relies on CPU clock. And yours is terminally low for FSX. You need around 4 to have some decent performance.And ATI: well, not to burst your bubble, but ATI sucks for FSX, compared to Nvidia. This doesn't mean you should have low performance if you set right settings for your hardware.

And ATI: well, not to burst your bubble, but ATI sucks for FSX, compared to Nvidia.
Kos, my old friend; :( I hate to dispute with you and maybe start an ATI/AMD war.... :( , but I've just changed (ok maybe six weeks ago) to the GTX580 from the EAH5870, and the only difference is that now I have full Scenery Complexity and AG instead of AG one to the left, and no longer have the Vsync mod in the cfg. The real benefit, I honestly feel - is the superb flexibility and functionality of Inspector. It makes CCC look like something written for a 386. I fully believe you are correct when you say "You need around 4 to have some decent performance.", but from other responses to another post where I've repeated that same sentiment - there's a few around that don't subscribe to it.Yassine: - overclock the darned thing - at least 4 gig. Your FSX will come alive! :(

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Mmmmmm basically your CPU needs to be overclocked to 4+ GHzNot sure if you built that computer yourself or what, but if you did, buy a nice cooler and plop it on, then overclock it. A good aftermarket cooler would be one such as this (just make sure it fits your case):http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835608020Some initial settings to use:Water 2x lowAll vehicle traffic offAI planes 30-40%Run DX9 modeBloom offSelf shadowing offAutogen set to dense or very denseAll the scenery sliders can be maxed except autogen.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

EveryoneThanx for the Advice and Help etc. Actually i think i Really need to overclock my pc, haha. But people, i'm just 13, and my father thinks that overclocking is the best idea. he's scared that our pc will crash. XD!!! But, does anyone know a veery good cooler ? for 4 + Gig without problems Thnx !! ^.^ Big%20Grin.gif

EveryoneThanx for the Advice and Help etc. Actually i think i Really need to overclock my pc, haha. But people, i'm just 13, and my father thinks that overclocking is the best idea. he's scared that our pc will crash. XD!!! But, does anyone know a veery good cooler ? for 4 + Gig without problems Thnx !! ^.^ Big%20Grin.gifI've heard that overclocking reduces the life of the cpu despite adding coolers etc.Unless you are consumed with performance,or getting the best out of what you have,e.g. using Bojote's automated tweaks,I have decided to leave mine as it is,until I have to change my rig.Ron

Ron Service

{Although} and my father thinks that overclocking is the best idea. he's scared that our pc will crash. XD!!! But, does anyone know a veery good cooler ? for 4 + Gig without problems
Yes - during the process of overclocking the pc will "crash", - and several times, but today's operating systems and hardware are remarkably resilient to a BSoD. The pc simply restarts, you go into the BIOS and increase specific, known voltages very slightly, reboot and do the test again until either the processor temperature gets too high (over about 75c), or it BSoD,s again - or it passes the test, at which point you have overclocked it successfully. There is no magic or voodoo about overclocking, indeed if you look at the sigs of dozens of flyers here - most are oc'd to 3.8, 4.0 or 4.2. It's a learned process.Regarding cooler, Yassine - read up on the air cooler reviews: any one of probably six or seven will work just fine, and woll not cost an arm and a leg. My choice was the Scythe "Muggen 2" after reading good reviews against more expensive coolers, but, again - there are another six or seven that will work just fine, or are even better. Take a week to read forums and look around online stores like Newegg. Air will certainly take your i7-870 to 4 gig without any problem.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

EveryoneThanx for the Advice and Help etc. Actually i think i Really need to overclock my pc, haha. But people, i'm just 13, and my father thinks that overclocking isn ' t the best idea. he's scared that our pc will crash. XD!!! But, does anyone know a veery good cooler ? for 4 + Gig without problems Thnx !! ^.^ Big%20Grin.gif

Thanx for Help.I just have to buy a New Good Cooler, and than overclock my pc. i don't know how to overclock on a safe way, but first i have to buy a new cooler, then i will ask for some help with overclocking ^.^

Guest simmer9304
I've heard that overclocking reduces the life of the cpu despite adding coolers etc.Unless you are consumed with performance,or getting the best out of what you have,e.g. using Bojote's automated tweaks,I have decided to leave mine as it is,until I have to change my rig.
Yes overclocking will degrade the lifespan of your chip no matter how well cooled but as long as it's well cooled this damage will be very minimal. Also your CPU is likely to be the very last component to fail in your computer unless you've done a very shoddy job overclocking or the cooler is not installed properly. Long before your CPU ever dies other parts such as the much more fragile hard drive, motherboard, power supply, fans, etc. will die and you will replace your computer with a newer one long before your current chip has lived out it's life. At stock speeds it's estimated most chips have a lifespan of 8-10 years and to attest to that I can go start up my 11 year old Pentium III and reply again. Well overclocked chips have an expected lifespan of 5-6 years but I doubt that's any sort of legitimate number since it does not take into account the amount of overclock along with voltages, temperatures, and the chip itself. Basically a safe overclock will last as long as you need it to and if a component dies I can almost guarantee that component will not be the CPU. Unless of course you do what the folks who ran out and bought Sandy Bridge chips early on did... then I guarantee it'll die so fast you won't know what hit you.

Switch off those shadows. You wont miss them and it will increase your frames per second markedly in the external view. I see mine drop from 40 to 25-30 with shadows on. Bloom is a killer too, switch it off.If you do overclock, I would very, very, very, very highly recommend the Noctua NHD-14. There isn't a cooler around that beats it. 4.2GHz is easy for me with the Noctuia. Cool, quiet, and stable. It's huge though, so make sure it fits, the dimensions are on the Noctua site.I'd also recommend Innovation Coolings diamond thermal paste. Great stuff.

If you do overclock, I would very, very, very, very highly recommend the Noctua NHD-14. 4.2GHz is easy for me with the Noctuia. Cool, quiet, and stable.
... Where've you been hiding? Yeah - totally agree - it's a great cooler, especially handling 4.2. Just a suggestion, Martin, if I may.. pop your system specs into your sig, so that we can use them for comparisons, ego reinforcement, etc.. It's good to know what works, and what others are successfully (and unsuccessfully) using. Thanks!