Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

asanal

RC taxi instruction to the Gate

Does RC5 have instruction to the gate and departure runway?Does RC5 have TAXI instruction to the gate and departure runway?

RC5 will include instructions for taxiing to the departure runway. As at now there are no instructions for taxiing to the arrival gate but that may change as development is still ongoing.

The most realistic way to implement this would be:- For ICAODeparture taxi instructions and arrival taxi instructions with specific gate- for FAAAs above except no SPECIFIC gate, employ an algorithm to search for area with gates gates with user airline code and say e.g. "Taxi to your gate via papa" Reason being, U.S ATC does not assign a particular gate, that is handled typically by ramp control not part of the ATC system. Hope I'm not picking the nit too much here....

I think most users would prefer RC take on the actions of a ramp controller as well. If you listen in on major US Airports you'll hear ground give clearance to a specific ramp area. Ramp areas are not labeled in FS9 scenery.It is also the ramp controller that gives start and push back clearances and then a clearance to the ramp gateway area, also not labeled in FS9. It depends on the airport layout and traffic density.Maybe in a later version of RC5 I would guess. There is a great amount of work on the plate right now that needs to be coded and polished with the current feature list.

The most realistic way to implement this would be:- For ICAODeparture taxi instructions and arrival taxi instructions with specific gate- for FAAAs above except no SPECIFIC gate, employ an algorithm to search for area with gates gates with user airline code and say e.g. "Taxi to your gate via papa" Reason being, U.S ATC does not assign a particular gate, that is handled typically by ramp control not part of the ATC system. Hope I'm not picking the nit too much here....