Sign in to follow this  
Genesis27

Amending aircraft.cfg file

Hi there, I'm not sure if I am in the right place..but I was wondering if anyone knew how to change the aircraft.cfg file to set a maximum pitch on take off......whenever I take off, the aircraft (I'm in a 737) shoots up to about 20-30 degrees with flaps 10 set...and I have to pitch down really hard, which takes me down to about level, and then I have to pitch up again to about 10-12 to make it more realistic...I know it seems a bit silly, and being a bit fussy, but I'm just trying to make it more realistic...I just want the aircraft to pitch up nice and slowly when I use my keypad 2 button.....an answer would be for it not to go more that say, 12 degrees pitch up..which I assume you could change it aircraft.cfg?...I'm I correct..?...thanks in advance for any comments or advice...

Hi there, I'm not sure if I am in the right place..but I was wondering if anyone knew how to change the aircraft.cfg file to set a maximum pitch on take off......whenever I take off, the aircraft (I'm in a 737) shoots up to about 20-30 degrees with flaps 10 set...and I have to pitch down really hard, which takes me down to about level, and then I have to pitch up again to about 10-12 to make it more realistic...I know it seems a bit silly, and being a bit fussy, but I'm just trying to make it more realistic...I just want the aircraft to pitch up nice and slowly when I use my keypad 2 button.....an answer would be for it not to go more that say, 12 degrees pitch up..which I assume you could change it aircraft.cfg?...I'm I correct..?...thanks in advance for any comments or advice...
Go to you aircraft's aircraft.cfg and look for this line "elevator_trim_effectiveness"Try to put it some at 1.0 to 1.4.

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

Thanks very much for your advice...I shall try changing it as you suggest......at the moment it is "elevator_trim_effectiveness= 0.750" ........I shall let you know if there is any difference...thanks again....

HiI find that on most a/c the elevator trim effectiveness is too harsh. I personally find that changing the value to 0.5 is best. The lower the value then the lower the effect is each time you press the switch or key assigned to elevator trim. Conversely, the higher the value then the greater the effect is each time you press the switch or key.Hope this helps.David

Two thoughts which don't involve editing the .cfg file...1. Sounds like you're flying with the keypad. If you can, buy even a cheap joystick instead: it's much easier and more realistic flying that way. If you've got no alternative to the keypad, reduce the repeat rate for the pitch up command (in settings / controls / assignments): this should make it less sensitive.2. I'm no expert on .cfg files but increasing the effectiveness of the elevator trim seems unnecessary to me. I guess you'd be increasing the impact of the trim setting on the pitch rate, which if you have nose-up trim set at takeoff (as normal) will probably make the problem worse. Instead, why not apply some nose-down trim (or rather a bit less nose-up) before takeoff. Exactly how much depends on the model you're using and how much fuel & payload is on board. You may need a bit of trial and error here but again it should work in the end.

The answer is surely to set your trim suitably before take off. Many aircraft require this as a matter of course. Maybe you can find some guidance that will say trim the aircraft 5 degrees down for take-off, or whatever. Otherwise, just practice with different settings until you can get a smooth take-off.John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

Thanks very much for your advice...I shall try changing it as you suggest......at the moment it is "elevator_trim_effectiveness= 0.750" ........I shall let you know if there is any difference...thanks again....
WoOooO :(:( Sorry in that case try the smaller number,the bigger the higher. Cause my posky and some other airbuses are all above 1.What aircraft did you mean anyway :(

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

Guest belga1

Hello,Another way .. is to preset your autopilot (set a target altitude and climb rate) and engage it after you have performed your rotation ....Regards.bye.gifGus.