Sign in to follow this  
kev4242

Nav data, FS Build, Radar Contact

Hi all.I'm unsure which forum to post this in. I'm considering buying FS build to more accurately plan IFR flights and use Radar Contact to handle ATC. Hopefully, once I've got used to how these two programs work, I will find the time to learn the ifly 737. With regard to the navdata that these two programs (and the ifly 737 if i buy), do I have to pay/subscribe to get the latest navdata (from the AIRAC site?) so the programs will reflect what the real life charts and procedures show. If so do I have to purchase the navdata seperately for each program or will one set of data work for both?Thanks,Kev

Hi all.I'm unsure which forum to post this in. I'm considering buying FS build to more accurately plan IFR flights and use Radar Contact to handle ATC. Hopefully, once I've got used to how these two programs work, I will find the time to learn the ifly 737. With regard to the navdata that these two programs (and the ifly 737 if i buy), do I have to pay/subscribe to get the latest navdata (from the AIRAC site?) so the programs will reflect what the real life charts and procedures show. If so do I have to purchase the navdata seperately for each program or will one set of data work for both?Thanks,Kev
Hi Kev,I don't have FSBuild but I'm sure Ronzie will be along shortly as he owns it. I use vRoute as my flight planner and subscribe to Navigraph for my navigation data. Navigraph now give free access to the access code for vRoute users. I pay 20 credits every couple of months for its navigation data for Project Magenta. 20 credits works out around a couple of pounds sterling or around 3 US dollars.Once you've bought a nav cycle credit you can download the data for all the supported formats. There's no restriction so you could get the iFly, FSBuild and any other data for that cycle for a payment of 20 credits. It's an excellent service that many use.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

FSBuild is now at 2.405 which uses AIRAC cycles furnished by Navigraph.com. It includes one free AIRAC cycle of 1013 in the upgrade/download. (The upgrade is free to FSBuild 2.3 users).RC builds its airport data from your installed scenery with the exception of a fixed comm frequency database.If you get a Navigraph subscription, terms as Ray explained, you can sync the FSBuild data with your FMC data by updating both each in its respective format. By exporting the plan to from FSBuild to RC/FS9 and your FMC for import, that would sync the terminal procedures areas of the FMC to the waypoints RC gets in the plan. (SIDs and STARSs used in FSBuild are exported as expanded individual waypoints.)This can aid in keeping RC ATC's monitoring of your navigation as you filed it with the navigation offered by your FMC in the terminal areas. There are RC options that allow you to do your own navigation (in other words FMC controlled flight) within the first 30nm of departure and the last 35 nm of arrival if you do not wish vectoring by ATC to take place. You would still have to cross the synced waypoints filed though.You can download the slightly outdated manual from the jdtllc site by clicking on my banner and going top the documentation page. Also browse the FAQ while you are there.

Thanks. Ernie Alston, developer of FSBuild (and ISG panel instruments) gives very good support.

FYI: FS Build is updated to 2.408 as of yesterday.