Sign in to follow this  
Joel

Black Screen

Throughout a flight, I like to ALT + Tab frequently so I can do other things while flying. I also change settings around during flight as well by using the menu bar to access system settings, etc. Unfortunately, very often, when I go back into the game, there is no more picture and just sound is left. It's very strange because I can see my mouse cursor change when I go over a button or knob that I can't see. Also, the sound changes when I click F11 to go into external view but there is still no picture. I have the latest drivers and am running an i7 2600K @ 4.5 GHZ, GTX 570, 8 GB of RAM, etc. I do use ENB Series and of course the MD-11. I haven't seen if the problem occurs in other planes. Does anyone know what might be going on?

Does anyone know what might be going on?
Yes. You are Alt-TabbingShame%20On%20You.gifTry Alt-Enter instead to get out of full screen mode and into other windows.

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Guest wims

Going out and then back into directx 9 applications will almost certainly cause issues, and FSX is no exeption. If you really want to use other applications when you are flying then I recommend using windowed mode instead of full screen

My mistake. I meant Alt-Enter. I don't Alt-Tab. The black screen doesn't always happen either. Most of the time nothing like that happens but after a while, I will return to my flight with a black screen and only sound playing.

Joel,Try the following and see if it fixes it for you. I used to get a lot of black screens too when using alt-enter until I did the following.In the Nvidia driver (Panel or Inspector) set the Vsync option in both the Global and FSX profiles, back to 'default' (use application setttings).Then in your FSX.cfg file add the following two Vsync options under your Graphics section. Note, window mode vsync is turned off (0) on purpose. Please report back as I'm really interested to know if this helps at all.

[GRAPHICS] ForceFullScreenVSync=1 ForceWindowedVSync=0

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

I thought the HighMem fix sorted this issue out.....could be wrong.
Has nothing to do with Alt-Tab. It fixes model corruption (skeleton external model, see-through VC etc)

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I always used to have that problem when I saved a PMDG 747 flight in FSX. When I received my new computer I reinstalled both FSX and the PMDG 747 and now it's all fixed. If nothing helps, you might want to try that.

Has nothing to do with Alt-Tab. It fixes model corruption (skeleton external model, see-through VC etc)
Oh!...OKBut since applying the '*******' fix, I have never seen this sort of thing again....worth a shot!Chris Farrell

Joel,Try the following and see if it fixes it for you. I used to get a lot of black screens too when using alt-enter until I did the following.In the Nvidia driver (Panel or Inspector) set the Vsync option in both the Global and FSX profiles, back to 'default' (use application setttings).Then in your FSX.cfg file add the following two Vsync options under your Graphics section. Note, window mode vsync is turned off (0) on purpose. Please report back as I'm really interested to know if this helps at all.
[GRAPHICS] ForceFullScreenVSync=1 ForceWindowedVSync=0

Alright. I've done what you said and have yet to get a black screen so far. Thanks a lot.

Alright. I've done what you said and have yet to get a black screen so far. Thanks a lot.
Oh, cool! I hope it continues to work. I haven't had a black-screen in a year or two. Maybe Ryan can pass this along as a possible solution for others. Or, at least tell us why it appears to help. I think it has to do with refresh rates and screen resolutions between full-screen and window mode.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE