Sign in to follow this  
demarr55

FPS limiter

I hate to keep beating this dead horse..but....I have read much about the stutter problems in FSX and a lot of suggestions running this FPS limiter. Found the file and downloaded and extracted but don't know what to do with the results, no instructions or readme is included. Maybe I've missed something but can someone point me to some type of help with this. Don't know where to put the files extracted or set this up...any help would be greatly appreciated.Bob DemarestBirmingham, Al.

Guest sangino

If you downloaded the FPS_Limiter_0.2, extract it on your desktop, run the FPS_Limiter_GUI file, then click the "search executable" button, point it to your FSX.cfg file. Then select what you want your FPS limit to be at, 26 for example (default should be 30). Then you want to click "create bat". It will create a file in that same folder where you extracted all the FPS_Limiter_0.2 contents, called "FSX.exe.limited". Every time you want to start FSX, open it through this file by double clicking it. It will open a DOS window, you must keep that window open, just minimize it. Also in your FSX settings, set the FPS limit to Unlimited. You should be all set.Sonny Delgado

Sonny:Thanks for the quick response. Have followed your directions but when I double click the resulting batch file the DOS window pops up and immediately disappears and makes no attempt to start FSX. Here is the list of files that were extracted:Readme.txtLimiter_OGL.dllLimiter_D3D9.dllLimiter_D3D8.dllHookHelper.dllFS9.CFG.limited.bat (created by GUI)FPS_Limiter_GUI.jarFPS_Limiter.exeso all the files that were extracted don't have to be moved to some other directory?Bob DemarestBirmingham, Al.

The files have to be in the same folder so they can access each other.

Erik L.

... run the FPS_Limiter_GUI file, then click the "search executable" button, point it to your FSX.cfg file. ..
Does the limiter program need pointing to the fsx.exe and not the fsx.cfg?

Guest sangino
Sonny:Thanks for the quick response. Have followed your directions but when I double click the resulting batch file the DOS window pops up and immediately disappears and makes no attempt to start FSX. Here is the list of files that were extracted:Readme.txtLimiter_OGL.dllLimiter_D3D9.dllLimiter_D3D8.dllHookHelper.dllFS9.CFG.limited.bat (created by GUI)FPS_Limiter_GUI.jarFPS_Limiter.exeso all the files that were extracted don't have to be moved to some other directory?Bob DemarestBirmingham, Al.
Bob, I made a mistake in my previous post, you need to point it to your FS9.exe, not the .cfg file, that is the reason you get the flashing DOS screen.Thanks for pointing that out 5quirrel :DSonny Delgado

I cannot open the .jar with Java. Anybody can help me, please?

Guest sangino
I cannot open the .jar with Java. Anybody can help me, please?
I had the same problem. I removed Java completely, then reinstalled it, and it worked fine. It might be corrupted or something, who knows.

I had the same problem. I removed Java completely, then reinstalled it, and it worked fine. It might be corrupted or something, who knows.
I did but still it does not work. I open it with java and I see for 0.5 s a black DOS screen but it appears in 0.5 secondes and does not come back or anything else.strange

Guest sangino
I did but still it does not work. I open it with java and I see for 0.5 s a black DOS screen but it appears in 0.5 secondes and does not come back or anything else.strange
Make sure you pointed the FPS_Limiter_GUI file to FSX.exe not FSX.cfg.

When you successfully get this up and running, follow these instructions in order to satisfy the OCD within you...1. Right click on the fsx.exe.limited batch file that's created and select "Create shortcut"2. Drag that shortcut to your start menu and put it wherever you want3. Then right click on it and rename it something other than fsx.exe.limited, such as FSX (I deleted the original FSX start menu entry)4. Right click on the shortcut and select "Properties"5. In the "Shortcut" tab, select "Change Icon..."6. Click "Browse...", find your fsx.exe and select that, then click "Open", "OK", "OK"FSX%20start%20menu%20change%20icon.jpgNow you're left with an icon in your start menu called "FSX" (or whatever else you named it) with the actual FSX icon that actually points to the FPS limiter batch file - easy cheesy!FSX%20start%20menu%20entry.jpgImportant note: Don't move the FPS Limiter folder after you have done this or it will break the shortcut. Make sure the folder is where you want it before doing any of this.

Corey Meeks

Flight Simulator - FS2020 | CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Video Card - Sapphire RX 5700 XT Main Board - ASUS ROG Strix X570-I mini-ITX | RAM - G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 2x16Gb DDR4 3600Mhz CL16 | Monitor - DELL 38" U3818DW (3840x1600) | Case - Cooler Master NR200 | CPU Cooling - Noctua NH-U12A | Power Supply - Corsair SF750 | 6x Phanteks T30 120x30mm Fans

Download: FSXMark11 Benchmark and post results here

Question... does he need Java to run FPS Limiter or is it simply needed to run the interface to create the batch file? If he can't get the user interface working, perhaps he can just manually create the batch file on his own.Here's my folder setup:fsx.exe is located at E:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exeFPS Limiter.exe is located at E:\FPS Limiter\FPS_Limiter.exeSo the batch file created by the user interface simply reads:start E:\"FPS Limiter\"FPS_Limiter.exe /r:D3D9 /f:30 /x:OFF /l:OFF "E:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe1. Copy that one line (edit it to reflect your directories) to a notepad file and click save as2. Save as type: all files3. File name: fsx.exe.limited.bat4. Save it in the FPS Limiter folderIf that's confusing, just tell me the file path to your fsx.exe and FPS_Limiter.exe, and I'll create the batch file for you.

Corey Meeks

Flight Simulator - FS2020 | CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Video Card - Sapphire RX 5700 XT Main Board - ASUS ROG Strix X570-I mini-ITX | RAM - G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 2x16Gb DDR4 3600Mhz CL16 | Monitor - DELL 38" U3818DW (3840x1600) | Case - Cooler Master NR200 | CPU Cooling - Noctua NH-U12A | Power Supply - Corsair SF750 | 6x Phanteks T30 120x30mm Fans

Download: FSXMark11 Benchmark and post results here

Hello. I have installed the fps limiter as mentioned above and started fsx through the new file. Fps unlimited in fsx and limited to 25 in the limiter. I still see the frames jump from 20-40. What could be the reason for this?

Do you HAVE to have JAVA, I have heard bad things about it? but then, thats only what people have said, guidance on this?

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK