Sign in to follow this  
michaelfairburn

No FO Sound

I'm so frustrated with this product. I've set it up according to the manual, read the entire manual about 5 times, downloaded the patch, restarted my PC and FSX a dozen times, set the configuration items correctly but still I can't get the FO to say a word. The Flight Attendant comes through loud and clear, but the FO is MIA. What's going on?Mike

I'm so frustrated with this product. I've set it up according to the manual, read the entire manual about 5 times, downloaded the patch, restarted my PC and FSX a dozen times, set the configuration items correctly but still I can't get the FO to say a word. The Flight Attendant comes through loud and clear, but the FO is MIA. What's going on?Mike
Hi Mike,1. Do you see words in the 'Green Bar' when you speak?2. Does the Voice button stay on? 3. Sounds like an audio setup issue. To keep it simple as a test, make sure that "HS" is unselected. All sounds should come through your main speakers with HS (Headset) unselected.Failing that, email me and I'll help you via a Remote Desktop session. It's much easier if I can see what you're doing.Cheers,

Hi Bryan,Thanks very much for your prompt response and apologies for my tardy reply. I have solved part of the problem. I had 'Headset' set up in the config screen, but the bit where it tells you to press the 'HS' button to route the FO sound through the headset is neatly 'hidden' at the bottom of page 21 ;-) Sorry, my bad. I do get frustrated though, when it's clear that the FO is waiting for me to say something and it's not clear from the manual what it is I'm supposed to be saying. Then, after I while, I get some patronising reply like "Hold on there, Speedy Gonzales". If he was my FO I'd have sacked him within the first 10 minutes lolGreat product by the way, but I think the manual could do with a little 'tweaking'Thanks againMike