Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Help me put together the BEST 737!

Fellow simmers, What in your opinion is the best 737 (free or pay) model with all the right pieces. I'm looking for a plane that I always go to because it's just right. I'd like it to be my startup plane as well. I want to put together the model, the most realistic external appearance (reflections +), the best flight dynamics, the best 2D panel, VC panel, the most realistic 737 sounds, and wingviews with animated parts and engine fan blades.I love the 737, and I've never found the perfect one. I'd also like to use the GPS in the FS9 program.I look forward to your recommendations. Stan

Guest Toni Rauch

StanLook no further than the PMDG 737NG.It's got everything you're looking for, plus free liveries, plus on-going support & development plus terrific authentic avionics and it's a total joy to fly.Toni.

Guest MIKE737

Stan ,I have both dreamFleet 737 and PMDG and here's my opinion :Flight model : DF 737 awesome !Visual model : PMDG 2D Panel : DF 737 , impressive !VC : PMDG , but don't likeSounds : PMDG , so realistic !Wingviews : /FMC : PMDGThere's also Ariane 737 but didn't tryed itRegardsMIKE 737

Guest LLgaz

I'd say the PMDG 737. I also really enjoyed the DreamFleet 737, and I must say that I totally prefer the Photo realistic quality of the Dreamfleet panels to the hand drawn, cartoonish effect of the PMDG bird, but the DF737 isn't compatible with FS9 and isn't going to be so the PMDG737 makes an excellent alternative.PMDG has an Excellent support staff. What I really like about these guys is that they are willing to modify their panel/model based on the requests of their customers.....Unlike most other developers here.

I'll check out the PMDG today. As always, appreciate the good advice. Stan

Guest jason2112

I only fly airliners once in a while, so I combined the FFX/SGA 737 (http://sgair.net/erick/B737/) with a panel by Targan Unutmaz (here in the library). A very nice, trouble free combination, a lot of bang for no bucks ;)VOlker :]

Guest rmce

Cannot agree with PMDG suggestions. Dreamfleets was IMHO way ahead in every department.It will be re-issued at some point for Fs9However, just a simple add on of Bruce Beneways 737 panel has transformed the default 737. It even has crew announcements!Wingview would be great!Whatever best 'flying' 737 is I do not know, but I like my panels detailed, my ATC/GPS working, and my weather realistic. I was about to dump Fs9 and go back to Fs2002 simply because of the dreadful default 737. Thansk to Bruce I am now happily doing my short haul local runs. Ronald

Guest Fluxuated

>Cannot agree with PMDG suggestions. Dreamfleets was IMHO way>ahead in every department.Huh? Have you even flown the PMDG 737?

Guest B742FAN

I suspect not. PMDG all the way! (if your computer can handle it)

Guest rmce

I would not comment without having bought it and flown it!It just does not do it for me. The Dreamfleet in my opinion is way ahead in cockpit clarity, and general challenge. I also got a wee bitty fed up with the registration carry on, and the FSUIPC registration roundabout.I do accept that many may like it, I just dont!RonaldGlasgow