Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Help me put together the BEST 737!

Fellow simmers, What in your opinion is the best 737 (free or pay) model with all the right pieces. I'm looking for a plane that I always go to because it's just right. I'd like it to be my startup plane as well. I want to put together the model, the most realistic external appearance (reflections +), the best flight dynamics, the best 2D panel, VC panel, the most realistic 737 sounds, and wingviews with animated parts and engine fan blades.I love the 737, and I've never found the perfect one. I'd also like to use the GPS in the FS9 program.I look forward to your recommendations. Stan

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

StanLook no further than the PMDG 737NG.It's got everything you're looking for, plus free liveries, plus on-going support & development plus terrific authentic avionics and it's a total joy to fly.Toni.

Stan ,I have both dreamFleet 737 and PMDG and here's my opinion :Flight model : DF 737 awesome !Visual model : PMDG 2D Panel : DF 737 , impressive !VC : PMDG , but don't likeSounds : PMDG , so realistic !Wingviews : /FMC : PMDGThere's also Ariane 737 but didn't tryed itRegardsMIKE 737

I'd say the PMDG 737. I also really enjoyed the DreamFleet 737, and I must say that I totally prefer the Photo realistic quality of the Dreamfleet panels to the hand drawn, cartoonish effect of the PMDG bird, but the DF737 isn't compatible with FS9 and isn't going to be so the PMDG737 makes an excellent alternative.PMDG has an Excellent support staff. What I really like about these guys is that they are willing to modify their panel/model based on the requests of their customers.....Unlike most other developers here.

I'll check out the PMDG today. As always, appreciate the good advice. Stan

I only fly airliners once in a while, so I combined the FFX/SGA 737 (http://sgair.net/erick/B737/) with a panel by Targan Unutmaz (here in the library). A very nice, trouble free combination, a lot of bang for no bucks ;)VOlker :]

Cannot agree with PMDG suggestions. Dreamfleets was IMHO way ahead in every department.It will be re-issued at some point for Fs9However, just a simple add on of Bruce Beneways 737 panel has transformed the default 737. It even has crew announcements!Wingview would be great!Whatever best 'flying' 737 is I do not know, but I like my panels detailed, my ATC/GPS working, and my weather realistic. I was about to dump Fs9 and go back to Fs2002 simply because of the dreadful default 737. Thansk to Bruce I am now happily doing my short haul local runs. Ronald

>Cannot agree with PMDG suggestions. Dreamfleets was IMHO way>ahead in every department.Huh? Have you even flown the PMDG 737?

I suspect not. PMDG all the way! (if your computer can handle it)

I would not comment without having bought it and flown it!It just does not do it for me. The Dreamfleet in my opinion is way ahead in cockpit clarity, and general challenge. I also got a wee bitty fed up with the registration carry on, and the FSUIPC registration roundabout.I do accept that many may like it, I just dont!RonaldGlasgow

Just to *correct* your miss-information Ronald, there is NO registration needed for PMDG's NG. This was changed for the customers. As for the question, there is currently no other aircraft made for Flight Simulator (737 Next Generation) that comes within miles of the PMDG NG. In fact, with SU2 coming ANY DAY NOW you will see some things never before seen on ANY flight add ons. I think this will speak for itseld ;)[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-5/196432/winglets_lg.jpg

Hmmm, no hardware/software bound online registration anymore, or just a registration that no longer involves e-mails but is done instantaneously?? Did PMDG trash the, IMHO totally impractical, license give-back system before a new one is issued? I support hardware bound licenses, but to call in BEFORE a reinstall was a little too much to swallow. If it

Everyone else disagrees with you, I happen to agree.I have the DF737 in FS9 and love it better then ever before. I just bought the RealityXP Jetline suite too and added that to it.I own the PMDG bird and it niggles me and I just dont feel at home with it, but I do look forward to SU2 to see whats coming and it may win out at that point.Its just a personal thing really, I happen to like the whole DF lineup of products, they just fit me better then others.If I had top 5 the DF would be one and the PMDG probably second...Jonathan O'Connor

Hi, Bert already said it! :-)Combine the Dreamfleet2000 737-400 panel, sounds and FD with RealityXP

Randy makes a good point. We are talking about aircraft from 2 different generations. In many ways you're comparing apples to oranges - or red apples to green apples perhaps :) The NG by PMDG touts high end glass cockpit fly-by-wire technology. The PMDG panel feels like a 777 wrapped in the skin of a 737. The 737 from DreamFleet, however models the 'mainstream' '37 - more analog components - feels more like a machine than a computer ;-). The DF 737 visual model, however, is admittedly quite bad (the internal 2D panel graphics are fantastic, however). I think alot of people end up merging the DF 737 panel with another aircraft visual model (like the Ariane 737). But I didn't buy the DF737 for the visual model...I purchased for the panel which is rock solid. And it just "feels" like a real aircraft panel - it's alot more believable to me (but then, all DF panels are this way). Lou and his Nikon do some pretty amazing things together ;-) The PMDG panels all have the same pristine "very-clean" graphics feel that you'll find in panels by PSS. That's not necessarily a bad thing - just a matter of preference. The sound and visual model of the PMDG are second to none. Seriously - I have never heard a better sound set for an airliner than this...internal and external sounds are fantastic.All this said - there is no DF 737 for FS2004 - so, in some ways it's a non-starter unless you run in FS2002 in which case you should investigate this product very seriously. I own both the DF 737 and PMDG - and have enjoyed using them both - both have their strengths and weaknesses. I miss not having my DF 37 in FS9 - but such is life. All good things...

BTW, Randy, you should really stop this incessant teasing about the SU2 release :) My wife has a term for this condition - but this is a G rated forum so I won't elaborate.

> I miss not>having my DF 37 in FS9 - but such is life. All good>things...Easy to fix... DF737 with FFX model and your away....Merges available in Dreamfleets forum on the other site.I went all the way and did FFX merge and then bought the RealityXP avionics to really make it all better.-JonathanJonathan O'Connor

If you want to accurately simulate a modern glass-cockpit airliner then it has to be the PMDG 737NG. Graphically stunning both internally and externally with "accurate" flight dynamics and a fantastic Autopilot (no more jerky movements).RegardsAdamPS: $40 is a bit steep for an FS addon though...