Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

AOPA Letter

Anyone else that is NOT a meber of the AOPA recieve a letter by mail about joining? With it for $39.00 USD you get 12 issues of AOPA mag, a cap, a US airport a faciality directory ad a monthly chance to win a Waco....they sound really desperate about GA in great threat becuase of 9/11, i was planning on joining anyway...but i am now, prboally one of their ways to drag us people in :D

As a personal member of the AOPA, I can't recommend joining up enough. You won't regret the decision.

Guest Miro Majcen

Joining AOPA was surely a good decision for myself also, altough as a european member as i am, you will not be able to enjoy as much as USA pilots can do in terms of what you can get etc..but even the Pilot magazine itself is worth every penny. Best regards, Miro MajcenManaging Editor EuropeAVSIM Onlinewww.avsim.com

Like Tom, if there was ever a good way to save $$, not joining AOPA is not it!I enjoy their forums (I visit there each night as well as here, they have some great experts that can be of immense help). The support there is great. And yes, VFR GA aviation is potentially in trouble, all it will take is some idiot in a small plane.Also- think about signing up with DUATS; it's free, and similar to AOPA all you need is a valid medical or pilot certificate (AOPA also caters for owners of a/c).Bruce.BJC, Jeffco, CO

AOPA's free gifts offered as incentive for joining pale in comparison to the services they provide for the aviation comunity. I'll admit to never having worn the free cap i got when i joined, and in fact the software has never been removed from the jewel case; but for my money (is it really $39? I could have sworn it was less) I am quite pleased with what they do. AOPA has been responsible for saving numerous GA airports within the US, eliminating many of the flight restrictions in place after the terrorist attacks and teaching numerous people about the benefits of general aviation. For those who haven't recieved a letter asking them to join; visit their website at www.aopa.org and apply for membership. Incidently, the website is also a great source of information on flying. -Rob(A satisfied AOPA member)

I'll just agree with everything that is said above.Great organization and lobbying group for GA. I believe they are one of the reasons I can still go flying, post 9/11.Their weather links are great, flight planning is available, DUATS, and news about GA.Great site, you won't regret it.Sincerely, Person who is always wearing his AOPA Cap without the ball on top. Great for flying. :-)Regards,Joe.Oshkosh Pictures From 2001 (Part 1) 78 Pics in Frames with 1mb in ThumbnailsHigh speed connection Recommended:http://home.attbi.com/~flypics1/FrameSet.htm.Oshkosh Pictures From 2001 (Part 2) 106 Pics in Frames with 1.5mb in ThumbnailsHigh speed connection recommended:http://home.attbi.com/~flypics2/FrameSet.htm.Picture Gallery of My Flight in a 1945 SNJ-6 on June 1st, 2002Joliet, Illinoishttp://home.attbi.com/~jranos/FrameSet.htm.http://home.attbi.com/~jranos/mysig.jpg http://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

Love the September Calendar Pic! Cessna 206 Stationair!Great admiration for the quality of photography. Just haow were they allowed to get so close Tom?

Guest TerryT

I have been a member since 1972 and have enjoyed reading their magazine each month. I have used their CFI renwal programs and have gone to their Safety Meetings when they came through where ever I was living at the time.Terry Turner

EAA & AOPA both still send me letters asking me to join. I have been an EAA member since 1997, and AOPA for one year.Both are awesome groups, and if you sign up with either one they usually send you some really nice stickers/decals and a baseball cap or polo shirt along with news letters, and the magazines.--------------Paul Meyerwww.KryptonAir.comwww.LAARTCC.org

Thats funny, i got one too. I wonder how they found me.

I can't say that I have received anything regarding AOPA, but I am getting rather sick and tired of the number of "questionable" e-mails that keep appearing in my InBox. Can anyone advise me regarding software to get this kind of spam removed ?Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png