Sign in to follow this  
jaybob777

MD-11 Call Signs

Having installed all liveries from the disc as well as downloading from PMDG, why can I only get the 'standard' call signs e.g. World Travel, Soar etc? If I load a Swiss MD-11 I'd like a Swiss call sign, or KLM and so on. The call sign options menu has not changed following downloads.Any ideas? Thks

Having installed all liveries from the disc as well as downloading from PMDG, why can I only get the 'standard' call signs e.g. World Travel, Soar etc? If I load a Swiss MD-11 I'd like a Swiss call sign, or KLM and so on. The call sign options menu has not changed following downloads.Any ideas? Thks
You talk about call signs, or do you mean variations? I have my MD-11 in Fltsim2004 installed as administrator. When I normaly start my Fltsim and select MD-11, the Aircraft model f.e. MD-11GE, I can only see the original PMDG under Variations.But if I start Fltsim as system administrator I see all the downloaded liveries under variations. However running Fltsim under administrator is giving me other problems with bought sceneries.I don't know how to solve this problem.Any ideas? Thks

Many real world callsigns are already programmed in FSX, you just have to "activate" them in order to be able to choose them in the Details menu when choosing an aircraft. To do that, go to FSX's root folder and look for a CFG file named "airlines". You'll see some callsigns there. You can add or remove them. Just type the callsign you want to "activate", for example, "Swiss Air". If you spell it right and the callsign you want to activate is already programmed within FSX, you will hear ATC calling you, for example, Swiss Air 123. Otherwise you won't hear the callsign, only the number of the flight.My airlines.CFG already contains a lot of callsigns that I myself added. I couldn't upload the file, but I'll paste it's content here. Some of them don't work because they are not programmed in FSX.PS.: You HAVE to put each callsign is a different line. They don't have necessarily to be in in alphabetical order. I did this way just to be more organized. No matter the order, in the "Details" menu they will all appear in alphabetical order.You can copy 'n paste those callsigns to you airlines file and overwrite all the default callsignt because I kept them all in my file.AeroflotAeromexicoAirbusAirwaveAir BerlinAir CanadaAir ChinaAir FranceAir New ZealandAlaskaAlitaliaAlohaAll NipponAmericanAmerican PacificArgentinaAustrianAzulBoeingBombardierCactusCargoluxCathayChinaChina SouthernConcordeContinentalCopaDeltaDHLDouglasDynastyEasyEl AlEmerald Harbor AirEmiratesEuropaFed ExFinnairFlight Sim LabsGaiaGlobal FreightwaysGolHapagIberiaJapan AirKLMKorean AirLandmarkLufthansaMartinairMidlandNew ZealandNorthwestOrbitPacificaPMDGQantasRyanairSaudiaSingaporeSoarSowthwestSpeed BirdSwiss AirTAMThaiTransaviaTripUnitedUPSUS AirVarigVASPVirginWebjetWorld Travel

Matheus Mafra

Download editvoicepack, u can add hundeds of callsigns with just a few clicks. Ive only found a few callsigns that arn't included, and it allows you to create your own, and it's freeware!