Sign in to follow this  
fakeflyer737

Adding Nav Data Approaches to Cycles

Can we list some of the airports without terminal procedures as I would like to start compiling some myself. And to add, I've just bought a load of orbx scenery

Gavin Price

I tired to e-mail them but Firefox wont let me use hotmail and so I don't have there address.
Strangely the Austscene website seems to be unavailable at the moment however when it works again there is a contact me link with their email address on the left hand side.
So are you saying that these Oz Nav Data is suppose to be used over-top of the Navigraph stuff, I mean I fly into all those Oz fields and if its better more up to date data then I'd love to use it.
Yeah, that's my understanding. You install the Navigraph data first and then the Austscene data which will overwrite some of the Navigraph Australian and NZ airport procedures (only the ones Austscene has updated with the current Air Services Australia data). These should match the current Departure and Approach procedures from the Air Services Australia website. The current cycle is November 2010 however the next cycle is March 2011 so it should be available soon. Below is the header of the Austscene YPPH.txt file and you'll see the reference to Navigraph.
//********************************************************// AIRPORT PROCEDURES// For YPPH Perth, Australia// Created by Jock McIntyre for www.austscene.com// Last Rev  18TH nOVEMBER 2010  DAP125// Use with Navigraph Data // For use with the B737NG & B747-400 PMDG Series Aircraft//********************************************************

Cheers,Serge

Lian Li PC-P60B | Corsair HX620 | GA-Z370XP-SLI | i5 8600K | Noctua NH-D15 | GTX1080 8GB | 48GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 1TB | WD 1TB | Dell U3419W 34" | CH Yoke & Pedals | Track IR4 | Win10 64 | MSFS

G'day Ron,I'm not sure if you've made any progress with this however I thought I'd let you know that Austscene has released the March 2011 update cycle.Regards,Serge

Lian Li PC-P60B | Corsair HX620 | GA-Z370XP-SLI | i5 8600K | Noctua NH-D15 | GTX1080 8GB | 48GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 1TB | WD 1TB | Dell U3419W 34" | CH Yoke & Pedals | Track IR4 | Win10 64 | MSFS

Alright guys, I've been doing some research and learning how to add Nav Data. Now, the RNAV (GPS) Approaches are pretty easy, which is mostly what I want. Most of the Oz Airports that lack data ONLY havbe RNAV approaches. I'd like to do them for YSTW (tamworth) YPMQ (Port Mac.) YBUD (Bundaburg) and a few other I'll list later. I'm going to start working on these myself (no time frame). I will make them for the PMDG stuff, the NGX is getting released pretty soon (I hope). I think a lot of people will be using it in Oz and into there FTX Airports as well as the Ozx Airports. Maybe we could make this a joint-effort? I will have to contact Navigraph about this because I don't think we can distribute it legally but I'll check that out with them. I'm also going to contact Aust Scene and see if they can provide any assistance. Your thoughts.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

austscene.com is back up and contains latest airac dated today/march 10

Just want to clarify one thing I saw here in this thread:There are two keywords in our syntax you can use to reference a waypoint - NAVAID and FIX. Here's the difference:NAVAID will cause the FMS to look in the actual navdata index files themselves for the waypoint - ie "NAVAID PXR" - that's going to look in the text files that contain the whole world's database for something named PXR - those files are located in FSX\PMDG\Navdata.FIX will cause the FMS to look in that specific procedure file's FIXES section. The reason most people have chosen to use this method instead of NAVAID is because it doesn't depend on what's in the other files. You can define custom fixes etc that only exist within that airport's file.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com