Sign in to follow this  
Drag0nflamez

Entering flight plans

I want to fly real actual flight plans in FSX, and I was wondering how to enter flight plans without continously looking for VOR's and intersections & such (very, very, very boring)I know a website that has routes (written like V252 GEE EXTOL HNK J522), but how do I enter them into FSX so I can save time?Thanks for your time reading this, I hope there's some kinda (free) tool for this.

Guest firehawk44
I want to fly real actual flight plans in FSX, and I was wondering how to enter flight plans without continously looking for VOR's and intersections & such (very, very, very boring)I know a website that has routes (written like V252 GEE EXTOL HNK J522), but how do I enter them into FSX so I can save time?Thanks for your time reading this, I hope there's some kinda (free) tool for this.
You can go into the FSX flight plan program and pretty much get the same entries put into your flight plan. You'll just have to look for V252 and J522 (jetway) on the map and pull the lines to it. You'll have to get all of the waypoints for each SID and STAR though and there are websites that will give you that data. Then all you have to do is pull the lines on the map to those points, save the flight plan, and go fly. Of course, if you want to make it much, much easier, you'll have to purchase a flight plan program that will do all of this in just a couple of clicks. AVSIM has a great tutoral on FSX navigation and flight planning - http://forum.avsim.net/tutorials/article/35-real-world-routing-in-flight-simulation/ .Best regards,Jim

I'll try that one :')Scratch Ideal Flight. It looks a lot like FSPassengers. And that's really annoying.
It has a demo and I don't really see the comparison to Fspassenger.

I'll try that one :')Scratch Ideal Flight. It looks a lot like FSPassengers. And that's really annoying.
Hi,Ideal Flight is nothing like FS Passengers :))
I want to fly real actual flight plans in FSX, and I was wondering how to enter flight plans without continously looking for VOR's and intersections & such (very, very, very boring)
Ideal Flight is precisely what you need, give it a chance, free to use as nagware

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com