Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

barryward12345

Please don't laugh!

For quite a few years I was an ardent Simmer and used FSx for a few years before taking a break from it. The computer I had was an Intel Duel Core E6600 with 2 Gig of SLOW RAM and an old ATI x800 AGP video card with only 250 meg of memory. With this rig, I was quite happy with my simming and I used quite a few addons. If it had a weakness, I always felt that it was the lack of video RAMI now have a computer based on an Intel I3-550 (3.2 Gig) and 4 Gig of 1333mhz Ram. Now I know this is far from being the latest CPU - but it is more powerful than my old E6600 . I want to purchase a PCIx vid card to match the processor. Whatever I buy will be more powerful and have more RAM than the old ATI AGP X800.So can anybody make any suggestions of a vid card for me - around $100 max?? Remember - I said not to laugh! :Shame On You: Thanks Barry

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

$139.99 after rebate, 1GB of memory, directX 11,core clock at 951MHz, free shipping and as a bonus....are you ready...... free 3D mark 11, that's the best deal you can get for your set up at around $100.00 go and get it.....:Applause: http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814130625PS: I forgot.... + Free Gift: NVIDIA Free Mafia 2 Game Coupon (value:$59.99), now how can you not get that card......:wub:

I really feel that the 550 TI is junk. I'd buy a used GTX 460/560 before I'd buy a brand new 550 TI. Just my thoughts. Goodnight!

I beg to disagree Alain :blush: at that price point you can get a GTX460 1GBFor 100$ after rebates you can get this GTS450
Great choice, I guess I'm a sucker for free stuff......:Big Grin: