Sign in to follow this  
Alexus

FSX Moving Map for Android

Hi folks, I’m currently working an App for Android, which displays your aircraft position and the current flightplan on Google Maps on your Android device and works as a moving map. All it needs is small server program running on the machine where FSX is installed, and a (Wifi) network in which the client as well as the server are logged in. While best used on a tablet, it works, of course, with any smartphone running Android (Android 1.5 and above). Before I release it (as freeware) I need some testers to check out if it works on different configurations. If you are interested, please send me a an email. Thank you! post-236591-0-64127800-1300788967_thumb.jpgHappy landings, Alex

Hi,is there anyone with a low-end device out there ? This would be a nice addition (though every other one is welcome as well) :rolleyes:Happy flights,Alexwww.fsmovmap.depost-236591-0-79225300-1301230995_thumb.jpg

I have a low end phone Batting%20Eyelashes.gifSpent 35 bucks on it. Dropped it in pig crap the next day. Still working. Hell, I'd probably buy the software if you were able to get a moving map on it Big%20Grin.gif

Hey Tracon,which phone is it ? Does it run on Android 1.5 (or above) ? Could it connect to a Wifi-Network ? If so, you should probably be fine :(

Thanks to everyone participating Batting%20Eyelashes.gifIt's now available for download in the Market.Happy landings!Alex

Looking great. Good job. I'll test it when the iPhone 5 comes out.

I have been using Moving Map on my 10 inch Viewsonic G tablet with Android 2.2. I find it delightful to follow my flight plan with satellite imagery (zooming in and out) and the application's ability to move ahead to view destination etc. There is no perceptible negative impact with fsx.

Hi folks, I’m currently working an App for Android, which displays your aircraft position and the current flightplan on Google Maps on your Android device and works as a moving map. All it needs is small server program running on the machine where FSX is installed, and a (Wifi) network in which the client as well as the server are logged in. While best used on a tablet, it works, of course, with any smartphone running Android (Android 1.5 and above). Before I release it (as freeware) I need some testers to check out if it works on different configurations. If you are interested, please send me a an email. Thank you!Happy landings, Alex
Great one Alex going to test this on some dual core stuff lol much appreciated :-)

André

Just downloaded and installed - connected ok, but couldn't pick up a flightplan, probably because I'm in a PMDG aircraft - is it looking for a FSX flightplan?

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Just downloaded and installed - connected ok, but couldn't pick up a flightplan, probably because I'm in a PMDG aircraft - is it looking for a FSX flightplan?
Hi,indeed, as of now it only supports .pln (FSX) flightplans. Maybe I'm adding .rte support in an update. I will have a look at this.Cheers,Alex

Hi, I have a Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 running android 2.3, I'd be glad to test it.Edit:You've released it, never mind :(. I'll test it out over the next couple of days.