Sign in to follow this  
captainhenrychen

Ariane 737 EGPWS not working

I activated the Ariane 737-700ER and pressed the TERR button excited because I thought I had a terrain display, a first in FSX. Then, after waiting a few seconds, there is no display. Am I doing something wrong? Does anyone else have this addon issue?

You should take your question to the Ariane support forums, they should have an answer for you there. But then again we are talking about Ariane here....Just%20Kidding.gifHere is the site http://ariane.havetofly.com/index.php. Make sure you read all of the rules and regulations of the forum before you ask the question.

The only reason that I am not using that forum is because Ariane never activated my forum request. I cannot log on to the forum.
You can try emailing them with your question. Give them at least a month to answer your question. If you don't hear from them by then try emailing them again. I'd like to give their support email address but I believe it's top secret. You will need to go into their forums and ask those guys there.

I don't have much to say in the way of support, but I am told Ariane has terrible customer service. My advice for future reference: Avoid Ariane. Fly PMDG.

I emailed Ariane at their support email. They have really bad costomer service. At least PMDG tries to help me. All Ariane's service does is to tell me to read the manuals. However, the manuals didn't tell you how to turn the terrain display on. It only says how to use it when it is already on. I can't even turn the system on let alone how to use it!!!!! I want my money back, but Ariane has a no return policy. Am I the only one not getting the update? I purchased it after the update came out, so I should get it. Is there anyone else trying to turn on the EGPWS display, but can't?

It's been a while so I don't know the exact procedures, but are you turning it on on the ground first? set to test then selectDo they finally have sid/stars capabilities?

I emailed Ariane at their support email. They have really bad costomer service. At least PMDG tries to help me. All Ariane's service does is to tell me to read the manuals. However, the manuals didn't tell you how to turn the terrain display on. It only says how to use it when it is already on. I can't even turn the system on let alone how to use it!!!!! I want my money back, but Ariane has a no return policy. Am I the only one not getting the update? I purchased it after the update came out, so I should get it. Is there anyone else trying to turn on the EGPWS display, but can't?
Never mind about their 'no returns policy' - call your credit card company and demand a full refund. Simply tell them that the product does not perform as advertised and that despite your best efforts to sort this out, Ariane has given you no support. Legally, you're entitled to dispute this and your credit card company HAS TO fight this on your behalf (provided the claim is genuine and not vexatious), assuming your country has similar laws to most other countries regarding consumer rights...... That's the real benefit of credit card purchases - you're protected.Just to fully 'cover yourself', also send an email to Ariane stating that for the reasons stated above, you have fully deleted their software from your system and complained via your credit card company demanding a full refund.Toni.

It's been a while so I don't know the exact procedures, but are you turning it on on the ground first? set to test then selectDo they finally have sid/stars capabilities?
I think they do have sid/stars, but I think that the problem with the EGPWS is on the guard switches. In PMDG, to lift a guard switch, you right click on it, then left click on the switch inside. In Ariane's 737, none of the guard switches work. You get a clicking sound and that's it. No lifting. That's something that I should email Ariane about. I need to set the switch inside the guard cover to NORM, so it is operatable. If I don't, the EGPWS won't work properly.

Never mind about their 'no returns policy' - call your credit card company and demand a full refund. Simply tell them that the product does not perform as advertised and that despite your best efforts to sort this out, Ariane has given you no support. Legally, you're entitled to dispute this and your credit card company HAS TO fight this on your behalf (provided the claim is genuine and not vexatious), assuming your country has similar laws to most other countries regarding consumer rights...... That's the real benefit of credit card purchases - you're protected.Just to fully 'cover yourself', also send an email to Ariane stating that for the reasons stated above, you have fully deleted their software from your system and complained via your credit card company demanding a full refund.Toni.
Ariane says in a forum post that if anyone calls their credit card company and demand a full refund, not only will Ariane Design try and turn your credit card company against you, but you can also be charged. Charged? I'm in Canada, and Ariane Design is in England. That's half way around the world!!!!! When I read this, I was laughing so hard. But then again, I might loose credit from my credit card company and I may never be able to use a credit card again according to Ariane's description in a fourm post. Should I cancel the order or should I not?

Ariane says in a forum post that if anyone calls their credit card company and demand a full refund, not only will Ariane Design try and turn your credit card company against you, but you can also be charged. Charged? I'm in Canada, and Ariane Design is in England. That's half way around the world!!!!! When I read this, I was laughing so hard. But then again, I might loose credit from my credit card company and I may never be able to use a credit card again according to Ariane's description in a fourm post. Should I cancel the order or should I not?
Henry,Araine are masters at deception and will say/do anything to ensure that the money they took from you will stay in their hands.I would suggest that you contact your CC company and explain what has happened and they will put you through to the charge-back dept. and you can then ask if Ariane has the clout to have your CC company cancel your card. I wouldn't worry too much about Ariane.

\Robert Hamlich/

I have seen / heard all sorts of threats from Ariane in the past, as others have said - contact Ariane and explain why you are demanding a refund at the same time you contact the credit card company. Keep record of all conversations and e-mails from all parties concerned, that way even in the remote possibility that they go after you - you can justify your actions. As for turning your credit card company against you PMSL !!!G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Guys,Can we stay on topic here? The guy is basically asking if anybody else owns the same payware, and if so.....can anybody help him with the EGPWS display? I can find another 1000 threads on Avsim bashing that company. I don't think we need more. I am interested to see if anybody can help him resolve his issue.BTW, the turn around on the my forum request was several days.

Scott

KGPI

Banner_MJC1.png

Can we stay on topic here? The guy is basically asking if anybody else owns the same payware, and if so.....can anybody help him with the EGPWS display? I can find another 1000 threads on Avsim bashing that company. I don't think we need more. I am interested to see if anybody can help him resolve his issue.
To quote the original poster:
I want my money back, but Ariane has a no return policy.
I have probably read most of the same threads as you, this one has not even started on the Ariane bashing yet. :( G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

OK. I just got an email from Ariane. It seems that everything should be able to work after I have performed the correct order for turning things on, testing systems, ...etc. Before turning the EGPWS display on, I need to lift up the inhibit guard switch covers. On the overhead panel, you can lift the red guard switch covers in a click. However, some guard switch covers just can't lift no matter how many times I click, whether it is right click or left click, nothing works. I reinstalled 2 times. Does anyone know what I can do to lift the 3 EGPWS guard switch covers and turn on the TERR display on the Captain's ND other than contacting Ariane?