Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

Choice of Huey

Hi allI'm keen to purchase one of the two Bell Hueys for FSX.... the options being, the Aerosoft version and the Nemeth Designs version. I'm edging towards the Nemeth Designs version . Any views?ThanksErich

Hi allI'm keen to purchase one of the two Bell Hueys for FSX.... the options being, the Aerosoft version and the Nemeth Designs version. I'm edging towards the Nemeth Designs version . Any views?ThanksErich
Aerosoft beat the nemeth hands down for me.. Much better fight characteristics

Guest firehawk44
I have the Aerosoft version and it appears to be very accurate in design. Didn't realize Nemeth Designs had a version too and it appears they specialize in designing helicopters. The pictures Nemeth has on their site of their Huey do not look crisp and clear but they advertise HD textures so it may be just bad screenshots. Since Aerosoft is slightly cheaper, I would recommend their version since I'm more familiar with their products. Both products have uncanny realistic sounds that reminded me immediately of my days in the military.Best regards,Jim

In the helicopter section there may be some info. If not, perhaps one of you fellow "rotor-heads" could write a little review over there?! It's too quiet in that section. :( Bjorn

In the helicopter section there may be some info. If not, perhaps one of you fellow "rotor-heads" could write a little review over there?! It's too quiet in that section. :( Bjorn
Yeah, this would be great. I also think of buying this one after my SB build is finished.

I think that section will remain quiet for as long as the Hovercontrol site is active. As far as the two Huey's are concerned, they both are better than the default FSX helicopters but not even close to the Dodosim Bell 206. I am afraid that the Dodosim spoiled it for me; I just can't stand to fly any other addon helicopter, as they are not even close to being in the same league!Regards, Mike Mann

Guess you're right, Mike.Btw, you should concider cheating on the Dodo with Peter Salzgeber's Lama X. What it may lack in complexity compared w. Dodo it makes up for in versatility and mission possibilities. And it's pure joy to fly, and the sound package is great.B