Sign in to follow this  
samufc

Strange Problem - magdec.bgl problem?

Hi all,The other day I installed a bunch of AFCADs. I was flying from Tenerife to Malmo with the iFly 737 when my flightplan completely dissapeared halfway through the flight. I quit FS9 and didn't think too much of it. The next day when I went to fly my ND was messed up. The runways were showing on the ND to the left/right a few nautical miles away yet I was sat on the runway with my 737. I read there maybe a problem with the magdec.bgl file so I tried replacing it, no luck. I've re-installed the iFly (despite this happening with other add-on aircraft) & FS2004 and it's still not working! I completely deleted everything from FS2004 yet the problem still remains! The IRS is set correctly and I can't think of anything else that may be damaged.80114911.jpgI've asked on the iFly forums but the problem seems to be more to do with FS than the actualy iFly product. I had done 8-10 flights with no problems before the problem occured.Any help would be appreciated, I'm really confused about this.Sam

After your reinstalls did you test using the default Aircrafts before installing the payware models?

After your reinstalls did you test using the default Aircrafts before installing the payware models?
Default is even worse. On the GPS it shows the runway at a completely (90 degree) different angle...

This did happen to me twice. The first time I couldn't do anything but reinstall my Fs2004. The 2nd time I managed to restore my computer.I've spent several days to solve this but no luck at all. The 2nd time it happened to me right after I install ADE9x into my computer.Uninstall it from my computer didn't help.I hope you can figure out how to solve this :( I'm aware that this will happen to me again

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

Hi all,The other day I installed a bunch of AFCADs. I was flying from Tenerife to Malmo with the iFly 737 when my flightplan completely dissapeared halfway through the flight. I quit FS9 and didn't think too much of it. The next day when I went to fly my ND was messed up. The runways were showing on the ND to the left/right a few nautical miles away yet I was sat on the runway with my 737. I read there maybe a problem with the magdec.bgl file so I tried replacing it, no luck. I've re-installed the iFly (despite this happening with other add-on aircraft) & FS2004 and it's still not working! I completely deleted everything from FS2004 yet the problem still remains! The IRS is set correctly and I can't think of anything else that may be damaged.
The first step must surely be to remove the A&F files you say you recently installed. But nowhere (that I can see) do you say you tried this? You may have a file for an add-on scenery with the airport or runways in a different lovation but not the scenery itself (or vice versa).This does not sound like a magdec.bgl problem - that relates to magnetic variation.John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

Hi John,Sorry I should have explained a little more about what I have already done.- Uninstalled the iFly 737.- Removed all AFCADs I've ever installed.- Uninstalled FS2004 (deleted the whole microsoft games folder to make sure nothing was left over)As for the magdec.bgl, the only reason I thought of this is because I have seen some screenshots that were similar, particulary inflight with the plane practically showing as flying sideways on the ND!Sam

Hi all,The other day I installed a bunch of AFCADs. I was flying from Tenerife to Malmo with the iFly 737 when my flightplan completely dissapeared halfway through the flight. I quit FS9 and didn't think too much of it. The next day when I went to fly my ND was messed up. The runways were showing on the ND to the left/right a few nautical miles away yet I was sat on the runway with my 737. I read there maybe a problem with the magdec.bgl file so I tried replacing it, no luck. I've re-installed the iFly (despite this happening with other add-on aircraft) & FS2004 and it's still not working! I completely deleted everything from FS2004 yet the problem still remains! The IRS is set correctly and I can't think of anything else that may be damaged.I've asked on the iFly forums but the problem seems to be more to do with FS than the actualy iFly product. I had done 8-10 flights with no problems before the problem occured.Any help would be appreciated, I'm really confused about this.Sam
Sam,happened to me as well the other day. I read somewhere (probably here) that moving magdec.bgl helps if you cannot find the culprit. So I moved it to one of the highest layers in my scenery.cfg. Problem solved because magdec.bgl loads after add-on scenery and overrides any faulty AF2 file (which is most likely the cause of this). Just be careful and move magdec.bgl to one of your add-on entries in scenery.cfg which only has the Scenery folder - no texture folder!Regards,Jure

Sam,happened to me as well the other day. I read somewhere (probably here) that moving magdec.bgl helps if you cannot find the culprit. So I moved it to one of the highest layers in my scenery.cfg. Problem solved because magdec.bgl loads after add-on scenery and overrides any faulty AF2 file (which is most likely the cause of this). Just be careful and move magdec.bgl to one of your add-on entries in scenery.cfg which only has the Scenery folder - no texture folder!Regards,Jure
Hi Jure,Thanks for the suggestion. Just tried this but it didn't work. Really not sure what it could be! I don't really want to reformat my whole computer but at the moment nothing is working.Sam

I know some Payware planes use sneaky registry hacks to prevent piracy, wonder if it could be some sort of registry hack?

I know some Payware planes use sneaky registry hacks to prevent piracy, wonder if it could be some sort of registry hack?
I could understand but it's not pirated. I've asked in the iFly forums but they haven't a clue what the problem is.unled1h.jpgAlso, after the 3rd reinstallation of FS the default a/c seem to be working fine now - Sam

Guest belga1

Hello,Maybe you will find a answer here :http://www.google.be/search?as_q=&as_epq=magdec.bgl&as_oq=&as_eq=&hl=fr&lr=&cr=&as_ft=i&as_filetype=&as_qdr=all&as_occt=any&as_dt=i&as_sitesearch=&as_rights=&safe=images&btnG=Recherche+GoogleRegards.bye.gifGus.

Guest belga1

Hello,

. I've re-installed FS four times now and nothing
Hope you made a good (complete) deinstallation before those reinstalls so .. nothing had stay hidden behind. Regards.bye.gifGus.

Hello,Hope you made a good (complete) deinstallation before those reinstalls so .. nothing had stay hidden behind. Regards.bye.gifGus.
Yeah I deleted all remaining folders + registry keys. Still nothing works. I've just tried AIRAC 1104 with the iFly but still doesn't work!Sam