Sign in to follow this  
Akila

FSX ATC Replacement Product?

I don't think it does that - RC or Pro flight emulator is what you want in that case.BTW, your avatar is funny teehee! :(
ok, I tried PFE , read the manual, tried it on two flights, and it sucks.it doesn't handle my UT2 AI traffic what so ever.so that is out of the question.Now I need to test RC, do you know if it handles UT2 AI?

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

ok, I tried PFE , read the manual, tried it on two flights, and it sucks.it doesn't handle my UT2 AI traffic what so ever.so that is out of the question.Now I need to test RC, do you know if it handles UT2 AI?
I don't think RC can handle ai traffic either. However I think VOXATC can not only handle its own traffic but with a small patch available from Vox's devs can also handle UT2 as well.Bryan.

I tried all 3 available ATC.The Vox ATC has the best features. The best one is the automatically assigned SIDS/STARS - no need to include them in the flight plan - ATC will find it according to the current runway and assign it to you in the clearance instructions (including transitions). It has many more. Read its manual and you can try it for free fully functional for 5 days. It has some minor problems (I think will be fixed in patches), but it's the most advanced ATC so far. Pro flight emulator is also a good one. It has the best descent path calculations in my opinion. For example, I always get cleared to start my descent just in time - before my TOD in mpdg 747, so I can use fmc's calculated descent profile. I use myTraffic 2010 and never had problems.I can't recommend radar contact. No sids/stars at all and there are no many features of the above two.

I tried all 3 available ATC.The Vox ATC has the best features. The best one is the automatically assigned SIDS/STARS - no need to include them in the flight plan - ATC will find it according to the current runway and assign it to you in the clearance instructions (including transitions). It has many more. Read its manual and you can try it for free fully functional for 5 days. It has some minor problems (I think will be fixed in patches), but it's the most advanced ATC so far. Pro flight emulator is also a good one. It has the best descent path calculations in my opinion. For example, I always get cleared to start my descent just in time - before my TOD in mpdg 747, so I can use fmc's calculated descent profile. I use myTraffic 2010 and never had problems.I can't recommend radar contact. No sids/stars at all and there are no many features of the above two.
That was useful Info.I was looking for an ATC that I don't need to file in the SID/STAR, but be assigned to one depending on the RW given to me. But I have a question for you...how either of those products take in consideration and implement it as an ATC when the weather is Injected into the FSX by REX.or on other words, does it know to work with REX's weather? with PFE I noticed I couldn't find a way to make it work with REX weather, it just ignored it when it was injected into FSX.I prefer an ATC that would give me the RW and Altimeter settings, etc based on the weather that REX injected into FSX.

Joel Strikovsky

That was useful Info.I was looking for an ATC that I don't need to file in the SID/STAR, but be assigned to one depending on the RW given to me. But I have a question for you...how either of those products take in consideration and implement it as an ATC when the weather is Injected into the FSX by REX.or on other words, does it know to work with REX's weather? with PFE I noticed I couldn't find a way to make it work with REX weather, it just ignored it when it was injected into FSX.I prefer an ATC that would give me the RW and Altimeter settings, etc based on the weather that REX injected into FSX.
I've used VoxATC for many months now, and it works well with REX-injected weather. Just have REX finish loading the weather before you enable VoxATC.VoxATC offers a 7-day trial demo, so I'd suggest you d/l and test it out first. If you have a Navigraph subscription, VoxATC uses the LevelD format Navigraph files for its SID/STAR data.Coming from MSFS ATC, I can assure you that VoxATC will take a bit of getting used to, and you will need a good microphone - if you can use MS speech recognition, then you're ok there. Even though, stuff happens -- earlier this evening I had to read back a long clearance five times before CD "understood me." :Whew:As for SIDs and STARs, if you know the procedure that you want, you can enter all of the waypoints of that procedure in your flightplan and ATC usually recognizes that and gives you that procedure by name. Or you can enter the transition fix and it will pick one for you. Today I flew from KPHX to KDEN and used a common transition fix, RSK. ("Rattlesnake.") Clearance gave me the correct SID and Denver Center gave me a good STAR for landing. (So for most of the flight I was telling controllers that I was "on Rattlesnake." :( )There's an unofficial VoxATC sub-forum here on Avsim if you have any questions. For example I know someone earlier in the thread mentioned using VoxATC with UT AI aircraft. I'm not sure how that works - as far as I know, VoxATC controls all AI on its own. (But live and learn, I say....) Edited by Fenric

I've used VoxATC for many months now, and it works well with REX-injected weather. Just have REX finish loading the weather before you enable VoxATC.VoxATC offers a 7-day trial demo, so I'd suggest you d/l and test it out first. If you have a Navigraph subscription, VoxATC uses the LevelD format Navigraph files for its SID/STAR data.Coming from MSFS ATC, I can assure you that VoxATC will take a bit of getting used to, and you will need a good microphone - if you can use MS speech recognition, then you're ok there. Even though, stuff happens -- earlier this evening I had to read back a long clearance five times before CD "understood me." :Whew:As for SIDs and STARs, if you know the procedure that you want, you can enter all of the waypoints of that procedure in your flightplan and ATC usually recognizes that and gives you that procedure by name. Or you can enter the transition fix and it will pick one for you. Today I flew from KPHX to KDEN and used a common transition fix, RSK. ("Rattlesnake.") Clearance gave me the correct SID and Denver Center gave me a good STAR for landing. (So for most of the flight I was telling controllers that I was "on Rattlesnake." :( )There's an unofficial VoxATC sub-forum here on Avsim if you have any questions. For example I know someone earlier in the thread mentioned using VoxATC with UT AI aircraft. I'm not sure how that works - as far as I know, VoxATC controls all AI on its own. (But live and learn, I say....)
Thanks man really appreciated, I'll give it a shot.

Joel Strikovsky

The weather should not be a problem. I use ASE now. You just have to wait untill the weather is injected and then ask for clearance. I did not not have any problem with PFE or VoxAtc.Regarding the speech recognition. I don't use this feature much with VoxAtc. I just have my FO to communicate with ATC (including getting the clearance).