Sign in to follow this  
777flyer101

Building a new PC

Guest danc444

I'm currently running FSX on my Dell, having nightmarish performance and plan to build my own system soon.However, for now, I have what may be a naive question.I have a GForce 9800 which had got 2 monitor connections. So I am using the 1 card to run 2 separate monitors. I use the second one to undock and moce radio stacks, FMCs etc.My question is, is this a problem? Should you have 1 card per monitor or is my configuration OK?Thanks.Dan Cole

Running both monitors from one card is fine. If you start getting into SLI configurations with multiple cards they will need to be connected in a specific way

Guest danc444

SLI?

I just built / upgraded to the following about 2 months ago and it runs PMDG J41 like a treat.I have REX and ORBX addons for Aus and sliders set near maxI7 960X58-UD3R MotherboardAntec DF-35 Case6GB Corsair DDR3 RamDVDRW Drive1TB Hard driveNvidia GTX 480750 Watt Antec Power SupplyWindows 7 64

Hello!I didnt want to start a new thread...I am looking for a CPU cooler. I do not want to use the Corsair A70 because the fan has no PWM signal (is a must-have). I want to use a Core i5-2500k (Socket 1155) and overclock it to minimum 4.5GHz. The cooler should be more silent as the midrange class and should keep the temperatures low of course. It should not cost more than 50 Euros (= 72 US Dollar). The weight of 1kg shouldn´t be exceeded.Which cooler can you advise me?

SLI?
That's what nvidia calls coupling two or more video cards to split the work load. (ATI calls it Crossfire I think?) It's hard to see in my avatar, but as an example I have 2 GTX580's in SLI in my PC.DISCLAIMER: FSX is so CPU-bound that running two video cards isn't worth the money. I did it for things other than FSX.

Hello!I didnt want to start a new thread...I am looking for a CPU cooler. I do not want to use the Corsair A70 because the fan has no PWM signal (is a must-have). I want to use a Core i5-2500k (Socket 1155) and overclock it to minimum 4.5GHz. The cooler should be more silent as the midrange class and should keep the temperatures low of course. It should not cost more than 50 Euros (= 72 US Dollar). The weight of 1kg shouldn´t be exceeded.Which cooler can you advise me?
Cooler Master Hyper 212 plus (excellent performance, good price)Promilatech's http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835242001 (better performance,higher price, you should add a stock 120mm fan to these)Nochua NH-D14 - the best. higher price though.Sandy Bridge chip overclocking is not that dependent on cooling but more to do with the capabilities of the individual chip. I was lucky and got mine up to 4.9 but 4.5 should be relatively easy to achieve.Mark.Mark.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

This has been the MOST informative and entertaining thread i've read in a long time...I will be soon building my own PC and i'll be coming back to this thread and the knowledgable souls on here for help! :(