Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brett Nicholls

Motherboard Choice

Hi I'm building a new unit for FSX so was wondering if you think I should stick with Asus P8p67 Pro or the ASRock P67 Extreme6. Both are simalary priced. Thanks Guys

Brett Nicholls

Asus P8p67 Pro, 2500k@ 4.8

8 Gig Gskill CL8

MSI GTX 560ti 880 Mhz

Antec High Current Gamer 750W

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus with 2 Arctic Cooling F2 fans

REX 2 + REX overdrive

PMDG NGX 737

customer.jpg

I would say go for the one with the features you want as that's really all that matters with Sandy Bridge. I don't know much about ASRock, but I tend to favor the larger name brands like ASUS and Gigabyte.

Corey Meeks

Flight Simulator - FS2020 | CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Video Card - Sapphire RX 5700 XT Main Board - ASUS ROG Strix X570-I mini-ITX | RAM - G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 2x16Gb DDR4 3600Mhz CL16 | Monitor - DELL 38" U3818DW | Case - Cooler Master NR200 | CPU Cooling - Noctua NH-U12A | Power Supply - Corsair SF750

Download: FSXMark11 Benchmark and post results here

In my experience (or two of my friends, rather) Asrock makes great products. Asrock and Asus boards are both manufactured by Asustek, and are therefore both subsidiaries. I'd say that means they share a lot of common parts, but I'd be speculating at that point! I usually don't make bold comments like the one about to happen (yeah right) but I'd say go with the cheaper one. :Big Grin: Seriously.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Thanks for your thoughts Guys. The Asus is $5 bucks cheaper. I know Asrock has been around awhile but you do feel safer with the bigger brand names. I have had an Asus p5b delux for the past couple of years and it has served me well. Even on this forum I see mostly Asus and Gigabyte used. I did wonder how much of a difference the 16+2 power phase of the Asrock over the 12+2 of the Asus. I'll still probably stick with Asus. Cheers

Brett Nicholls

Asus P8p67 Pro, 2500k@ 4.8

8 Gig Gskill CL8

MSI GTX 560ti 880 Mhz

Antec High Current Gamer 750W

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus with 2 Arctic Cooling F2 fans

REX 2 + REX overdrive

PMDG NGX 737

customer.jpg

For $5 get the ASrock. A few more features, and the extra power phases will make a difference in overclocking.

Nick Holinski

CYYC

Water Cooled (Koolance/Bitspower)

eVGA 790i Ultra SLI

E8500 4.5GHz (2000MHz FSB)

eVGA GTX 460EE Superclocked (X2)

4GB 2000MHz DDR3

Corsair Force60 SSD (OS)

Seagate Barracuda 2X 500GB (Raid 0)

1000W Antec Truepower

24" and Dual 19" LCD's

Windows 7 / FSX / FS9

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

43%
    $10,945.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now