Sign in to follow this  
RPRIEVER

NGX airline-based options

A quick question for the developers. I thought I had read at one time where PMDG will allow you to choose aircraft options (specific avionics, winglets, etc), based on what the real-world airliners have. For example, loading a "Southwest" option, or a "Continental" option. A lot of us (myself included) are not aware of which options each airline has on their planes. Will this be included in the package?I am not asking about which specific options will be included for each plane, just if this will indeed be done. Many thanks

Considering this was available for the FS9 737, I assume this will be done for the FSX 737 also.

A quick question for the developers. I thought I had read at one time where PMDG will allow you to choose aircraft options (specific avionics, winglets, etc), based on what the real-world airliners have. For example, loading a "Southwest" option, or a "Continental" option. A lot of us (myself included) are not aware of which options each airline has on their planes. Will this be included in the package?I am not asking about which specific options will be included for each plane, just if this will indeed be done. Many thanks
This question has popped up several times, the forum search function can be very helpful. :( http://forum.avsim.net/topic/325428-externalities-and-the-ngx/page__st__175From Robert:Posted 29 January 2011 - 03:52 AMChapstick, on 29 January 2011 - 01:53 AM, said:When we change external options in the FMC will it save our preferences for the next time we fly? Alex-Yes... Until you change them they will remain in place. We thought that would make it more convenient. We are still implementing an "airline equipment" option that will allow you to select the equipment options by airline- but this may or may not make it into the v1.0... It will make it in a future free update if we don't complete it in the v1.0 release. Robert S. Randazzo Precision Manuals Development Grouphttp://www.precisionmanuals.com

This question has popped up several times, the forum search function can be very helpful. :( From Robert:Posted 29 January 2011 - 03:52 AMChapstick, on 29 January 2011 - 01:53 AM, said:When we change external options in the FMC will it save our preferences for the next time we fly? Alex-Yes... Until you change them they will remain in place. We thought that would make it more convenient. We are still implementing an "airline equipment" option that will allow you to select the equipment options by airline- but this may or may not make it into the v1.0... It will make it in a future free update if we don't complete it in the v1.0 release. Robert S. Randazzo Precision Manuals Development Grouphttp://www.precisionmanuals.com
OK....but.....That was as of 3 months ago. Has any decision been made as to whether it will indeed be in v1.0, or held off for the future? The helpful search option doesnt seem to have an answer for this. :(

OK....but.....That was as of 3 months ago. Has any decision been made as to whether it will indeed be in v1.0, or held off for the future? The helpful search option doesnt seem to have an answer for this. :(
If I had different information I would have posted a different reply. :(

Yes, it's there, but it's being done a bit differently this time - this plane has exponentially more options available than the old NG 1.0 did and it's pretty unfeasible for us to go research every single combination that's out there in the real world - you'll like what we've done to deal with this I think though.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

it's pretty unfeasible for us to go research every single combination that's out there in the real world -
Thanks for the reply, Ryan. And I'm sure some of the more resourceful forum members will come up with a list, detailing EVERY option that the real world airlines have.

I wouldn't expect PMDG to research every airline out there, but it's nice to have the template in place to adjust to our liking (or our own research). I would hope that they have the information for maybe the "top 10" airlines that operate the NG. I know Tabs is a big fan of Southwest, so it may be feasible that Southwest or American, any of the big users, that they have the exact details down on what options those carriers use and will adjust the airliner option function accordingly.Even if this feature is not enabled with v1.0, at least the foundation is in place for us to tweak the settings in the most realistic way possible, and for that I'm very grateful! Can someone from PMDG give us a list of what features are customizable? I would guess the following are some of the basic options:WingletsEyebrow WindowsAutopilot/MCP panel ND/PFD screen display engine ratingSatcomm module position on the top fuselageSOP settings (accel height/thrust reduction height), cost index, policy descent speed......are those settings that can be incorporated into the airline options, or at least for the major operators? I would think with PMDG's connections with Boeing, they may be in the best position to obtain official SOP protocol for the NG.

A.J.,I think you're going to be shocked at how many different cockpit options we've modeled.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

A.J.,I think you're going to be shocked at how many different cockpit options we've modeled.
My home pit has a Mesa 2x12 to play through on those long flights, does your's? :(

I don't doubt that for one second! If the printed manuals I bought from you guys is any indication, we will have quite the sandbox to play in reference to the myriad of custom settings.One last question though, will the user have the option of using FMC 10.8 or older iterations without the added automatic features 10.8 offers (like having to manually select VNAV at the appropriate time during climbout with the older FMCs)