Sign in to follow this  
Chock

Enter the Dragon

When the Diamond Katana feels a bit slow, you can always dive in this thing, the Chengdu J-10 'Vigorous Dragon' as it is known in the West, although the Chinese apparently call it the F-10 Vanguard, or the Annihilator Ten, depending on which source you choose to believe.This is quite a controversial aeroplane in real life, since it was supposedly heavily based on the Israeli Lavi following the slightly dubious sale of some technology, and it does look quite a bit like the IMI Lavi, although it is known that there was some Russian involvement in the project, notably the engine, and some bits of it were supposedly made from materials tested in California as well. Anyway, wherever it originates from, the FS version is very cool.1-13.jpg2-13.jpg3-11.jpg4-10.jpg5-10.jpg7-6.jpg8-4.jpg6-8.jpg9-5.jpgAl

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Interesting. I love the name 'Vigorous dragon' - where can I find this model please?

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Nice.Nebojsa

Yeah, that ejection sequence is actually very well done; since there appears to be no MDC, the canopy bangs off and disappears behind into the slipstream and you go out right after it, very fast, so it is tricky to get a screenshot when pulling the loud handle in the VC LOL, nevertheless, you can see that pilot figure is extremely well modeled.Check out the list of stuff it does on the flight 1 page, it's pretty complex and the developers have done a good job with it, because in spite of that complexity it runs very smoothly in FS, which is handy because you do need the terrain detail radius up high if hammering it at low level, otherwise it is possible to beat the loading times for autogen if you have the radius set low. Not tried it in FS9 though, where apparently there are one or two less features. There are a lot of nice touches, including weapon and decoy animations and the option for either Chinese or English placarding in the cockpit as per the real thing. Pretty much every switch in the VC appears to work and do something too. Detail such as the afterburner flame and exhaust petals are well done too and look really rather convincing.Of course such FS aeroplanes are a bit speculative, but it is a pretty convincing experience for all that and I must say I'm looking forward to sticking CS Weapon on it and having a pop against the A2A F-4 or F-104 in multiplayer when those A2A birds come out.Overall, a nice thing for twenty quid, well worth the money I would say; a good alternative to the F/A-18 or F-16 if you want a detailed modern jet dogfighter and prefer batting for the other team!Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here