Sign in to follow this  
piama

747-800 big problem, help me!

Good evening,So, the problem is, we take it direct after the take off, i fly on a departure route, just as normal. The plane is going to all the waypoints, and everything is fine. But then suddenly, my plane starts to turn from one side to the other like crazy, its sometimes even making bank angels.I have a registed copy of FSUIPC of witch I have smooth the wind change. I don't use the time acceleration. But the situaution don't change and the problem remain.do you have any idea?

Just as an experiment, try doing the exact same thing with all weather cleared. No wind, rain etc. If you have an outside weather program, disable it or do not launch it. See if the problem still exists.

Hi PiamaI have had the same problem a number of times which has resulted in embarresing situations when flying "live" on VATSIM in a crowded airspace! Which weather engine do you use? I use REX and as soon as the plane starts flying wildley, i quickly need to disable REX and then my 747 settles down. I dont use the registered version of FSUIP so havent tried the wind smoothing (which is what i was advised to do), but found that if i change my weather update distances (increase them to 300nm - if the weather enroute iusnt changing too much and decrease it to say 120 or 60nm updates - if you are flying through bad weather) that this helps the FMC adjust more smoothly and avoids fatal problems (such as overspeed to 400kts and an instant crash!). The issue seems to have become less and less frequent the more i fly (dont ask me why!) and i usually let the autopilot try "fly it out" for a few minutes on autopilot and see if it settles down if i am not in busy airspace.This might not be the fix you were looking for, but i find it pretty much a good CRM excersise to sort out the issue in the sky like real pilots have to do (even thought on a different level!)Rory

Here's something else I discovered. I usually fly long hauls while in school. This means that I have to minimize FSX to get to the rest of my computer (homeschool). While it is minimized, there are no problems, but once I reopen it the 747 begins to go wild. I minimize it again and the problem straightens out.

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

GuysI had the same problem. What worked for me? I uninstalled Active Evolution Sky, and I'm using FSX real world weather. However, I disabled the download of the winds and turbulence and I'm only using the static real world weather (just 1 donwload in the beginning of the flight).It works.And if I use the FSX weathers, everything is always normal.I hope I have helped.

Best regards

Cristiano Mueller

I bought the DVD version of the 747-400X a month or so ago while I was in Canada and only got around to installing it tonight, did a quick flight from cold and dark (no prior reading manuals, I figured it out with rough Boeing knowledge) and I am quite impressed, better looking than I expected and even better performances too. However to get back to the topic (sorry), as I was nearing the beginning of the STAR the plane started zig-zagging past the Nav line harshly and even had the bank angle alert all while in LNAV and decending.I took manual control and hand flew it the rest of the way until ILS capture and let the AP take over again (wanted to make sure it would work, but hand landed), I didn't pay too much mind to it as my flight was a quick rough throw together and didn't have everything setup 100% correctly. I did check the winds at the time and I had a steady 10 knot cross wind for the whole time. I don't experience this with the PMDG MD-11 or J41 or even defaults as far as I know. I have a weather smoothing on through a registered FSUIPC versio as rapid changes did previously become a issue in the MD-11 for me.

I bought the DVD version of the 747-400X a month or so ago while I was in Canada and only got around to installing it tonight, did a quick flight from cold and dark (no prior reading manuals, I figured it out with rough Boeing knowledge) and I am quite impressed, better looking than I expected and even better performances too. However to get back to the topic (sorry), as I was nearing the beginning of the STAR the plane started zig-zagging past the Nav line harshly and even had the bank angle alert all while in LNAV and decending.I took manual control and hand flew it the rest of the way until ILS capture and let the AP take over again (wanted to make sure it would work, but hand landed), I didn't pay too much mind to it as my flight was a quick rough throw together and didn't have everything setup 100% correctly. I did check the winds at the time and I had a steady 10 knot cross wind for the whole time. I don't experience this with the PMDG MD-11 or J41 or even defaults as far as I know. I have a weather smoothing on through a registered FSUIPC versio as rapid changes did previously become a issue in the MD-11 for me.
Just like I asked Piama, does this still occur with no weather in FSX and all outside weather controlling programs turned off. There is a reason for asking this as it has been a common problem and may have solutions.

I setup a 25 knot crosswind in Adelaide (YPAD) rwy 23 within FSX but it occured near Melbourne (YMML), otherwise there was no weather set. The next flight I did out of Melbourne it happened again with the aircraft properly configured but it ended shortly after. I did some other small test flights without a hitch and another flight from Adelaide to Perth (YPPH) last night (with real weather updates) and it was all fine. Now I think about it it happened near Melbourne on both occasions with no specific weather set.