Sign in to follow this  
dhenriques

FSX HSI heading issue (question please)

Hi all;Haven't posted here in a while. Hope everyone has been well.Got a question;Up until tonight, the HSI's in FSX defaults and add on's have always allowed a mouse scroll set on the heading selector down to 1 degree. Suddenly tonight, I can't get any of the HSI's in FSX to set below 10 degrees. The tool tips and the instrument both show a 10 degree jump each click of the mouse scroll wheel. Something has changed since last time I used FSX.Has anyone had this issue and fixed it? Can anyone suggest a fix?Many thanks for your assistance. Dudley Henriques

You're more likely to get an answer if you post in the FSX Forum.

Mouse control acceleration? Can be fixed in FSUIPC I think...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Mouse control acceleration? Can be fixed in FSUIPC I think...
Thanks for the reply. I tried a registered version of FSUIPC4 last night. Mixed results. The scroll is now erratic rather than skipping the 10 degrees each time. A mouse click will skip a range from 1 degree to 6 or 7 degrees both ways. Changed the mouse as well. No joy yet. Doing a complete clean reinstall tonight. That will either verify a hardware issue or fix it if it's in the FSX file mix somewhere.DH

Thanks for the reply. I tried a registered version of FSUIPC4 last night. Mixed results. The scroll is now erratic rather than skipping the 10 degrees each time. A mouse click will skip a range from 1 degree to 6 or 7 degrees both ways. Changed the mouse as well. No joy yet. Doing a complete clean reinstall tonight. That will either verify a hardware issue or fix it if it's in the FSX file mix somewhere.DH
Just to let everyone know in case it might help someone else, I did a total clean reinstall of FSX tonight without installing FSUIPC4 and the HSI is now scrolling normally once more to a single degree. I have no idea what might have caused the 10 degree scrolling and FSUIPC did make it better but not completely fixed. The reinstall fixed it. I just don't know for how long :-)Thanks everyone for your help. Much appreciated.DH

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but im currently having this problem. It was working fine as of yesterday and I havent installed anything new.Even when pressing the CTRL+SHIFT+H and press =/- to change the value, the value still increases in multiples of ten, which is the same for the speed, altitude and VS indiciator

Jack Cannon

Does it do this with the default aircraft? If it works fine with them then it is likely a gauge in whichever aircraft it happens in misbehaving.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

If it works fine with them then it is likely a gauge in whichever aircraft it happens in misbehaving.
Yes... I have had this happen too (not with default aircraft) and attributed it to using a "non-compatible" add-in autopilot (I never took the time to actually find out) e.g. the Bendix-King with the Section F8 F-86.