Sign in to follow this  
Wasso

I can't fly non-rnav sids/stars!

Hello!I have a problem with non-rnav sids/stars... If you take a look at this picture you will see the problem:The red line shows how the SID should look like.The blue line show how the SID actually looks like inside of FS.I have this problem on every addon aircraft i have installed (PMDG 737, Wilco Airbus (1&2), LDS 767, DA F70/100, CS 757 and Wilco Embraer (all a/c)) except the Maddog...Have anyone got any idea of what this might be?Thx in advance!/Wasso :)

the prblm is,FS dont have no sid/star in the flightplans.for the PMDG you must go to your FMC,al sids/stars are load in there if you have Navigraph updates.

well, of course i have been into the FMC and selected the departure... I've got AIRAC 1105 installed

Using the LDS767 nav data, open ESMS.xml in Notepad and check that SID Nexil2B from rwy 17 has 3 waypoints.First should be to 700' and be "Fly-over", second should be (INTC), and third should be NEXIL.If you haven't got that, post just the text for SID NEXIL2B so that we can see what's wrong.Colin B

Second thought. Is it a Nexil2B SID with a runway transition for runway 17 which you haven't selected?I don't use Navigraph to update my airac, I alter mine to suit SIMCharts and my scenery since I don't fly on-line, so I don't know what yours contains.Colin B

The SIDs for ESMS are runway dependent.NEXIL 4C is for RWY 35 and NEXIL 2B is for RWY 17. It looks like you want NEXIL 2BGo to your PMDG folder, then folder SIDSTARS. Look for ESMS.txt. Open it in notepad or wordpad. From an old 2007 cycle I have:SID NEXI2B RNW 17 TRK 171 UNTIL 700 TRK 028 INTERCEPT RADIAL 003 TO FIX NEXIL FIX NEXIL (Old 2007 cycle).which matches the instructions for the current SID chart 10 APR 2008 from Eurocontrol for RWY 17. Interpreted it means track 171 until altitude 700, then turn track 028 to intercept radial 003 (that's a "to" heading) to NEXIL.I have cycle 1310 for FSBuild from Navigraph and it translates the same:NEXI2B RW17 /T171/UA 700 17 55.548056 13.373778 NEXI2B /LT/T028/IC003 --- 17 --- --- NEXI2B NEXIL --- 17 56.339139 13.733111Just in case for SID runway 35:PMDG -FIX NSNB LATLON N 55 36.70002 E 13 21.79998SID NEXI3C RNW 35 TRK 351 UNTIL 636 FIX NSNB FIX OVERFLY OEM22 FIX NEXIL which appears outdated and it is from an old cycle Post this line for your new cycle.FS Build -NEXI4C RW35 /T351/UA 636 35 55.523078 13.378911 NEXI4C 45DME --- 35 55.608867 13.361639 NEXI4C OEM22 --- 35 55.737956 13.609333 NEXI4C NEXIL --- 35 56.339139 13.733111 I notice in the FSBuild data that for RWY 17 it did not convert the intercept to coordinates as it did for RWY 35.Are you having this problem with all airports?http://planepath.com/html/pmdg_utilities.html has a link to a tutorial on how the navdata terminal procedures should look for PMDG.Added:I just generated a flight plan in FSBUILD using the 1310 navigraph navdata that comes with the new version 2.4 beta build 17 using NEXIL2B and the path was a direct right turn to heading 12 direct to nexil, the same as your complaint. The intermediate NEXIL2B intercepts were not recognized. In NEXIL 4C for Rwy 35 the intercepts were converted correectly.This leads me to believe that the navigraph data was not appropriately massaged to generate the soft waypoints for NEXIL2B.

A thought occurred. Will tuning VOR 1 to ALM provide the soft waypoint (intercept) also via DME if it was coded that way?

I loaded up the PMDG B738 at Malmo ESMS with a generated FSBuild plan to Zurich LSZH and set up a runway 17 NEXIL 2C departure from the FMC terminal database. I am attaching the an image of the FMC LEGS page and the Navigation Display shown from a parked location. The AIRAC is the 2007 version instructions I previously posted.As you can see, the ND is displaying the route shown by your red line superimposed on your JEP chart and includes the radial intercept following the same path. (Note - I just threw it in to a flight plan with a SW track hence the turnback at NEXIL. Nexil would be a northern departure.)The aircraft should fly this path in LNAV. Please clarify what your blue line represents.Note on the LEGS page the turning point is specified as the first waypoint interpreted to mean at altitude 700 start turning to the next waypoint (INTC - intercept). If I used of shorter display range on the ND you would see the curve at the turning point but I wanted to show that the entire SID was followed. The curve at take-off also does not show because the docked heading was north, not parked at the rwy 17 threshold.Therefore the PMDG B738 would fly the path you indicated in red.I think there is confusion on what you mean when you refer to the blue line inside of FS. Please clarify.With regard to FS build the initial turning altitude and intercept are deliberately filtered out of its AIRAC data according to its developer (I queried on its forum) because the accuracy in reaching the altitude and performing the turn to the intercept are aircraft performance dependent due to course reversal and it relies on the FMC database which takes all of that into consideration.So I don't see the problem you are experiencing unless the current AIRAC FMC terminal database has different instructions than what I posted:SID NEXI2BRNW 17 TRK 171 UNTIL 700 TRK 028 INTERCEPT RADIAL 003 TO FIX NEXIL FIX NEXIL (Old 2007 cycle)