Sign in to follow this  
Johnny767

Fastest Military Aircraft

Its a hard and inflexible aircraft to fly.CheersKarol
Maybe that's because the real aircraft is hard and inflexible aircraft to fly?http://www.sr-71.org/blackbird/manual/

That indicated airspeed is a weird presentation , when I zoom climb the F-111 to over 100,000' it alwaysamazes me to see 80 KIAS showing when the aircraft is going faster than the speed of sound.CheersKarol
The SR-71's cieling is 85,000ft (As told to me by a crew member of the SR-71) The highest flying air breathing aircraft, still. If your F-111 climbs to 100.000ft, It is a poor simulation sir.Concorde's cieling was 58.000ft. The reason the Blackbird flies higher is because it uses a fuel known as 'JP7' and the skin is built to cope with the heat generated by flying at 85,000ft at a speed of more than Mach 3+.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Dan House (Pilot of SR-71) extreme right, Blair Bozek (Systems Officer).

Dave Taylor gb.png

A zoom climb is where the speed is built up at a reasonable altitude , then the nose is pulled up to the vertical.In the real world the engines eventually shut down due to lack of oxygen , when the aircraft reaches its peakit tumbles back down temporarily out of control until the airspeed builds up,There are several aircraft that have exceeded 100,000' , if you are into aviation you will have come acrossarticles on this Zoom climb.The F-104 and F-15 are two other examples, doubtless there a few others.Unfortunately many fail to realise that the F-111 was one of the fastest aircraft ever built , it was faster than the wonderful F-15 . To the best of my knowledge there were only two aircraft faster than it. One is the SR-71.Try a google search !Karol

I like the Superbug , but it like most military fast jets has a horribly overdone inertia.
OK, sorry but I can't help myself. You mean the Torrent version from April of last year of course, because if you actually owned the product that would be an impossible statement to make. Please don't comment on our products when you steal them, because you have no idea what you're talking about. The Superbug is NOTHING BUT inertia when it's unlicensed, which you clearly are. The FBW system is completely offline and you couldn't run the aircraft manager with and electric can opener. Welcome to the Pirate Bay - everything is as it seems, right?

VARMINT007That is a totally false statement. I purchased my Superbug from VRS..My serial number as issued by VRS is:-FA18EFSX20736Please check your records .I think an apology is required from you.Karol

VARMINT007Interesting , no reply !I think it is reasonable to expect a response.Karol