Sign in to follow this  
Mir // Flightbeam

RC stops responding mid flight

Hello, I've been doing some flights with iFly's 737NG for fsx, and RC stops working when in the air. It happened once during climb and once during cruise. The 2nd time it happened, it started freezing the game every 10 seconds or so when I tried to kill the process. It pretty much ruined both flights. Both flights were very different locations. It doesn't freeze when giving a command, just at random times it seems.Thank you

Hello, I've been doing some flights with iFly's 737NG for fsx, and RC stops working when in the air. It happened once during climb and once during cruise. The 2nd time it happened, it started freezing the game every 10 seconds or so when I tried to kill the process. It pretty much ruined both flights. Both flights were very different locations. It doesn't freeze when giving a command, just at random times it seems.Thank you
only way i can tell what's happening on your machine, is with a log. instructions pinned to the top of the forum.jd

Hi,Just to say that I am using the I Fly 737 series and have done without problems in both FS9 and FSX.The Radar Contact interface works without problems.Make a log for jd so that he can have a look at what is happening.Norman

This has something to do with weather file not being specified in main screen. Had the same a year ago and that was the problem.

Tom Link

This has something to do with weather file not being specified in main screen. Had the same a year ago and that was the problem.
what weather file? whose weather file?

Just an update that I still have this problem. I did four flights. Two of these flights I enabled logging and the other two there was no logging. Of course, RC stopped all activity mid flight during those two times it wasn't logging. It doesn't happen while interacting with RC, it just stops. I notice ATC getting quiet and try to press a number key option to see if it responds and it doesn't. The RC program window fails to show up when I click on it on the taskbar, so I use task manager to kill it.

Routine things to check:1. Be sure fsuipc is updated (and makerwys) from the forum links pinned at the top. A number of updates to both are available since the RC distribution problems especially Win 7 32/64 and VISTA. You also need to do this in case your iFly or other add-on installed an older version over a newer version of FSUIPC. Today's latest versions are FSUIPC 3.997b, FSUIPC 4.711, MakeRunways 4.462. If on VISTA or Win 7 32/64 be sure you are starting RC with a shortcut with its advanced properties set to run as admin at the program run level. That is different than logging on as an admin.3. RC should be at build 4.3845. .3843 seems OK for most people.4. Be sure RC is a trusted application for any antivirus and other protection programs. With RC's frequent access to FS/windows interprocess messaging some protection applications disable RC assuming it is a virus.5. Try two tests. Run iFly, RC, without any other applications running like weather. Do the same with default aircraft. If no different than add weather. If using AES be sure the lastest service packs are installed.6. When RC stalls, alt-tab to browse all windows and also look at the desktop to see if any error messages are covered up.7. See if there is any difference between running FS full screen or windowed.8. To keep RC process resources low in RC options Display Text and Prerecorded Chatter should be disabled. Use only Interact with AI and AI Chatter.In your problem flights, only RC hung up but nothing else? Your control of your aircraft continued working? Could you alt-tab to RC and hit the Quit button to stop it?You need to describe your ps(s) setup as for both client and host if networked regarding the operating system, if on a network RC is on the FS host machine, and what other applications are running.You can check other forums regarding some iFly models causing problems at specific points in a route - not regarding RC. Do you also know the answer regarding the reply here what weather the post referred to?

Just an update that I still have this problem. I did four flights. Two of these flights I enabled logging and the other two there was no logging. Of course, RC stopped all activity mid flight during those two times it wasn't logging. It doesn't happen while interacting with RC, it just stops. I notice ATC getting quiet and try to press a number key option to see if it responds and it doesn't. The RC program window fails to show up when I click on it on the taskbar, so I use task manager to kill it.
did you send me the logs?what is the indication that rc is freezing everything?jd

did you send me the logs?what is the indication that rc is freezing everything?jd
I was able to repeat the crash during a log, however I followed directions to send you the log and the email is not going through (3mb zipped log).I'm now getting this error when clicking on RC after it freezes in flight: "Error runtime 52. Bad file or number"I received the following return mail when trying to send you the zipped log: Hi. This is the qmail-send program at yahoo.com.I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.<jd@jdtllc.com>:198.66.164.253 failed after I sent the message.Remote host said: 451 Application error (Authentium virus): Timeout (Mode: normal)I'm not going to try again; this message has been in the queue too long.

I was able to repeat the crash during a log, however I followed directions to send you the log and the email is not going through (3mb zipped log).I'm now getting this error when clicking on RC after it freezes in flight: "Error runtime 52. Bad file or number"I received the following return mail when trying to send you the zipped log: Hi. This is the qmail-send program at yahoo.com.I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.<jd@jdtllc.com>:198.66.164.253 failed after I sent the message.Remote host said: 451 Application error (Authentium virus): Timeout (Mode: normal)I'm not going to try again; this message has been in the queue too long.
i'll bet, there is a question mark in the gate field of the departure or arrival airport. or possibly in the tail number. or another non alphanumeric character.try sending the email. i receive files much larger than 3mb on a daily basisjd