Sign in to follow this  
Mive1957

MCP Mode

Hi,There are 3 modes for each button in LINDA.How to access the different mode please (the MCP MODE button dont seems to change something for me) ?How to know in wich mode we are ?Michel

Michel Veréb

The three top rightmost buttons on the MCP Combo (over the Radio controls) is for switching mode on the EFIS, MCP and RADIO part. When you press them, you can see the new mode shortly.

Helge Rasmussen

Thanks HelgeThe buttons are greyed in "lock" mode and I dont see them :( Now it works fine Michel

Michel Veréb

Crum,What about using the 4 characters on the display to show the mode of the three panels as the standard - instead of just showing blank line (above "-ap-") and "INFO"? Might as well show some useful information.It could use just 3 characters, eg like this: "211" which means EFIS is in mode 2, MCP in mode 1, and USER in mode 1. Then you don't have to constantly remember which mode you are in!Allan

Regards,

Allan Jensen

It could use just 3 characters, eg like this: "211" which means EFIS is in mode 2, MCP in mode 1, and USER in mode 1. Then you don't have to constantly remember which mode you are in!
Interesting idea, I'll think about it.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
LINDA Lua Integrated Non-complex Device Assigning

Interesting idea, I'll think about it.
Hmm, I have been looking a bit around in the lua files that come LINDA and it seems like I have found the code that writes the "-ap-" and "*AP*" strings to the MCP-Combo. Does that mean that by editing this lua script (linda/system/events.lua) that I could actually make such a change my self?! ... Well now I just tried - and it works! I changed this line: Dsp0(" ")to this: Dsp0(ipc.get("EFISmode") .. ipc.get("MCPmode") .. ipc.get("USERmode") .. " ")This scripting thing is AWESOME!! I LOVE IT!! It gives so much flexibilty - THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for making LINDA!!Another question: Is it possible to for example set a given EFIS mode (1,2 or 3) through a lua script that is run by FSUIPC? I would like one button for each of the modes but I dont have enough buttons for all of them so I would like to do that through FSUIPC. Would that be possible? I guess I somehow need to set the variable EFISmode but I expect I'm in another scope (or another thread) if I run it from FSUIPC and therefore dont have access to that variable...?Allan

Regards,

Allan Jensen

Another question: Is it possible to for example set a given EFIS mode (1,2 or 3) through a lua script that is run by FSUIPC? I would like one button for each of the modes but I dont have enough buttons for all of them so I would like to do that through FSUIPC. Would that be possible? I guess I somehow need to set the variable EFISmode but I expect I'm in another scope (or another thread) if I run it from FSUIPC and therefore dont have access to that variable...?
1. If you plan to switch modes using FSUIPC assignments, then why not to use LINDA for that? You can change MCP modes not only by MCP itself, but with joysticks buttons two. (see the LIB: VRinsight menu item).2. EFISmode/MCPmode/USERmode are the GLOBAL variables that could be set and accessed from the any script/thread (ipc.set("EFISmode", 1) - will set mode 1 for EFIS).

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

1. If you plan to switch modes using FSUIPC assignments, then why not to use LINDA for that? You can change MCP modes not only by MCP itself, but with joysticks buttons two. (see the LIB: VRinsight menu item).
I don't have enough buttons on my joystick either so I wanted to use my keyboard - but my main keyboard though, but another keyboard through the use of HIDMacros.
2. EFISmode/MCPmode/USERmode are the GLOBAL variables that could be set and accessed from the any script/thread (ipc.set("EFISmode", 1) - will set mode 1 for EFIS).
Ahhh, ipc.set actually sets a global variable - awesome! This just gets better and better!!Allan

Regards,

Allan Jensen

I don't have enough buttons on my joystick either so I wanted to use my keyboard - but my main keyboard though, but another keyboard through the use of HIDMacros.
Aha, now I got it.
Ahhh, ipc.set actually sets a global variable - awesome! This just gets better and better!!
The only drawback in this case is that you will not get the indication on MCP display about mode has changed. Otherwise it should work.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL