Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ghiom

Installing FS9 on Win7

HiI am looking for a guideline so I don't screw up my installation.Things to do, priorities, etc...Also a guide for setting up Win7 in the best way for performance and reliability. Drivers, etc...A final question: can I copy my current setup all over from XP to Win7?ThanksGhiom

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

HiI am looking for a guideline so I don't screw up my installation.Things to do, priorities, etc...Also a guide for setting up Win7 in the best way for performance and reliability. Drivers, etc...A final question: can I copy my current setup all over from XP to Win7?ThanksGhiom
I will let far more knowledgable people than me answer most of your questions but I can give you one important tip. When installing addons to FS9 using Win7, do not left click on the "install" button. Instead, use the right mouse control and click on install. You will get a dialogue box - chose "install as administrator." I have absolutely no idea why, but it will make a big difference in performance and reliability for some addons. Not all of them but there's no way of knowing which ones so do it will everything you install in your new setup - starting with FS9 itself. I wish I had known this earlier... Good luckIan

Spend some "research time" in the dedicated Win7 forum - lots of helpful threads there including this one:http://forum.avsim.net/topic/281410-installing-fs2004-andor-fsx-in-win-7-64-bit/page__view__findpost__p__1746490Good Luck!