Sign in to follow this  
HughesMDflyer4

MS Flight Webisode 4: Explore

@Alain

If I change anything in Inspector's settings or use another driver I get shimmering, try it, Pierre said he got good result, he will try the 270.61 driver today, I can't wait to see if this driver is better for him, I'm just sharing what works for me.
I have tried to revert back to 270.61 : no enhancement over 275.33We still have these alpha transparency problems on fences, antenna tower and, at night, fading-away-bridges and airport buildings.Well, I hope MSFlight will use DX10/11 in a better way :-)Have a good day (and flights)

I will upload another vid. tonight taking off from Portland int. (PNW Orbx scenery) to show that I have no problems with AA, I'm not an expert but I can tell that I get better AA compare to the default DX10 AA, this time I used the Cap. Sim. 727, no problems with the glass cockpit, fences, antenna towers or other stuff but the one time flashing screen at about one minute into a flight in every flight. One other thing I have noticed when using the 727 at high speed is that I see more popping buildings, I guess it's normal. By the way I have NO tweaks in my fsx.CFG but the TBM at 120, tweaking do not make my sim. run better, no bufferpools, shader tweak or crap like that.I don't know why it's working that good for me.

What resolution monitor are you using Alain? A high res monitor will help with lower AA. DX10 on my old 22" 1650x1050 was way worse compared to 1920x1080.

What resolution monitor are you using Alain? A high res monitor will help with lower AA. DX10 on my old 22" 1650x1050 was way worse compared to 1920x1080.
Samsung, 63" wide screen 1920x1080.

OK here is another small vid. taking off from Portland (Orbx scenery) early in the morning, I was keeping the plane as low as possible, you'll see the water flashing one time, that happen everytime after around one minute of flying, car traffic at 59%, still no shimmerings, no problems with bridges and airport's buildings, no fences in this vid but I'll make another short one to show that I have no problems with alpha transparency on fences or antenna tower.Again, that's a boring vid as it is intended for testing....this time I have micro stutterings here and there in the original vid., the major one are caused by fraps, also in the youtube vid. I can see right at the beginning of the flight (inside view) what look like artifact for a fraction of a sec., I assume that was cause when uploading because I don't see it in the original vid.

Um. Can we keep the FSX talk in the FSX forum? The last two pages have been about FSX in a Flight forum.

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.