Sign in to follow this  
eurowing

FSX, MD-11, and win7 64

i have a problem with the MD-11 nav display under win7 64 bit.it is not a big deal but it is somewhat annoying. i did not have that problem when i was on xp.the VOR symbols on the ND have a little tickmark on them. not constantly but it is flickering. i have circled an example. do you guys have that, too? does anyone know how to get rid of that?

Denis Kosbeck

KPHX

Hello. I have no help to offer other than saying I'm running on Win7x64 also but I don't have this issue.- Richard

I can't offer any in depth technical help as i've not experienced this myself (also running Win7 64-bit) but if you are running in DX10 preview mode try switching back to DX9 and see if this improves. Also check your video refresh rate which must run at least 60 more if poss. Oh one last thing try swithing on VSYNC in your video card control panel. Good Luck.

Hi,Change your graphics settings, or try a different driver. I don;t see this issue here, but I do hav a strange issue with the 2D update rate being about 10 FPS even though the rest of the sim, including the VC, is liquid-smooth at 45+. I did just wonder if I failed to set the update rate in PMDG options.....Best regards,Robin.

Hello! I want to give you a hint.:( Tune in a VOR in the NAV page of the MCDU and activating the appropriate VOR audio output!You can now hear the Morse code of the VOR IDENT. Now compare that of the icon flashing in the ND with what you hear!Regards!Mandy Broschk

am i really the only one experiencing this?
Hello Denis,No, you'r not the only one seeing this annoying VOR symbol drawing.I remember this ever since I have the MD11, also after reinstalling FSX/Acceleration and the aircraft on a new harddisk.I'm running the FSX version on a Q6600, Vista 32-bit and a GF9800GT in DX9 mode. Nothing special about that.I see this happening only on the 2D panels, VC is oke unless I pop-up the ND.For completeness sake: My FS9 installation on my notebook is working correct. (also Vista 32)Not of much help either, but awaiting any smart answer on this from other forum members who KNOW how to solve this.Regards,Harry

thanks for the replies, guys (and gals). will try your recommendations when i have some free time. also thanks to Harry, i feel better now ;)btw i am also running dx9, nothing special. dual monitor setup. 60hz on the screen.could it be an nvidia problem?

Denis Kosbeck

KPHX