Sign in to follow this  
N8015X

JS4100 Activation Error

Like many people, I've decided to make some upgrades to my PC with the NGX being close to release. I have moved from Windows XP to Windows 7 64 bit. Because of this move, I have to format my HD and reinstall everything from scratch. I went to install the JS4100 (which the install itself went fine) but when I open FSX to load the plane and input the activation code, it rejects it. The activation box keeps coming up even though I checked and re-checked the code I have in the PMDG email. So I went on the PMDG support page to file a ticket with their new system, but that is apparently down and I get the "page cannot be displayed" message. At this time, I am unsure what to do, so I figured posting here would help. I guess my next step will be an uninstall of the product followed by a reinstall. Just to be clear, I disabled UAC, Anti-virus, and am using admin rights to install the product. If anyone from PMDG can help that would be great, I do have all of my purchase info available. Many thanks.Chad

Hi Chad,If you have "to many activations message" you probably did to many major changes to your rig triggering the protection (like HDD configuration, etc). If your activation is refused for other reasons check that you don't have any "game boosters" enabled. Apps of this kind disable some services that are needed for proper functioning of some software including PMDG's authorization service. I have just checked the Support Desk and it works fine, if you can't connect then it can be something on your side and that would require to contact your ISP, you can also try other browser because many users report problems with IE browsers, or wait a little (I sometimes can't connect for few hours to some sites because of my ISP's issues).Regards,

Grzegorz,Thanks for the info. I didn't get the too many activations message. I think this is only the 3rd install of the plane if I remember correctly. It simply just wasn't accepting my code and the activation box within FSX kept coming up asking me to re-enter the code. Nonetheless, an uninstall and reinstall of the product solved the problem. I will not need to contact PMDG any further. I am running IE, so I guess that was my issue with the support page. I guess I will need to re-download firefox or something else should I need to contact PMDG in the future though. Thanks again for the help.Regards,Chad

Hi, I'm having the same problem. I've never had this before and am not sure what to do. I keep getting told that mine is an unlicensed copy, which it isn't, and that it will not function properly.NeilG

Neil, try contacting PMDG directly via Support Desk, it requires additional registration but this is the fastest way to get support on such problems.